PDA

View Full Version : 7600 signal dropped

13b590j
28-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum so I'm not really sure if this is the right section but here goes......

ok i'm new to unlocking, flashing etc the only reason i got involved is because my phone is not working. I bought a Nokia 7600 on Three. I was able to remotely unlock it no problem and was using it on O2. After a couple of weeks I couldn't make any phone calls. I read on another forum that Three have a firmware bar on the phone and that I needed to get it flashed. so i took the phone back to carphonewarehouse and told them it was turn itself on and off (didn't want to say I had unlocked it becasue i heard it invalidates the warranty) anyway carphonewarehouse flashed the phone and now I can make calls. I want to use the phone in south of Ireland but O2-Ireland are testing their 3G network so my signal keeps dropping. I understand I need a factory reset to open up menu 7 under phone settings and then set the phone to GSM only. I have bought a Fbus cable to do this using Fbus by Maestro but my PC running XP does not read the phone it say "only valid when port open". I'm using UserPort. Anyone know how to get my PC to read the phone?

Thanks

PS sorry if this has been covered in another post

marklowther
29-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum so I'm not really sure if this is the right section but here goes......

ok i'm new to unlocking, flashing etc the only reason i got involved is because my phone is not working. I bought a Nokia 7600 on Three. I was able to factory reset to open up menu 7 under phone settings and then set the phone to GSM only. I have bought a Fbus cable to do this using Fbus bremotely unlock it no problem and was using it on O2. After a couple of weeks I couldn't make any phone calls. I read on another forum that Three have a firmware bar on the phone and that I needed to get it flashed. so i took the phone back to carphonewarehouse and told them it was turn itself on and off (didn't want to say I had unlocked it becasue i heard it invalidates the warranty) anyway carphonewarehouse flashed the phone and now I can make calls. I want to use the phone in south of Ireland but O2-Ireland are testing their 3G network so my signal keeps dropping. I understand I need a y Maestro but my PC running XP does not read the phone it say "only valid when port open". I'm using UserPort. Anyone know how to get my PC to read the phone?

Thanks

PS sorry if this has been covered in another post

u need to to use a hardwear box like griffen or twister to do a full factory rest, then u will noitce in the menu u can change from 3G to 2G, and u will get a good signal when u use yoyr 02 sim card, no dout u dont have one ov them boxes so just take your phone to your nearset phone repair shop, im suer they will be a able to do it for u mate