PDA

View Full Version : Unlocked 6600 automatically shutting off

tamim
01-05-2004, 01:24 PM
(previously posted under the 6xxx discussion, was advised by gophermaster to post here)

Hi,

Just a strange situation, after unlocking a 6600 locked to the Orange, UK network using Code no. 1 I received the confirmation that "Sim Restriction is off". But still when I insert another operator's sim card and turn on the phone, the phone OS starts and then automatically shuts down again. THis does not happen with the original Orange SIM.

Any ideas/experiences in this manner? Please let me know.

Best regards
Tamim

tamim
03-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Hi,

Just thought this might interest the others as well. I solved my problem that I had, it seems Orange UK has a habit of going a bit further in locking their phones, and requires you to enter both 1 and 2 of the unlock codes generated by the DCT4 unlocker. Unlock code 7 doesn't work. But if you use 1, it will confirm that SIM restrict is off, but you have to enter 2 as well after that and it will again confirm that SIM restrict is off. This solves the problem. After that everything is just fine!

Have fun.

MeepMeep
28-05-2004, 04:02 PM
hi there, ok well i took the plunge today to unlock 2 6600 on orange!

hmm! well i thought what the hell ill just try 1 & 2 codes after trying 7 with no joy.

well code 1 gave a "code error" and code 2 said "sim restrictions off" then reboot! (turned off with another provider sim in!) stayed on orange network when orange sim inserted.

so i tried code 3, "not allowed", code 4 "not allowed", then code 5 "sim restrictions off"

so code 2 & 5 worked for me. and now i have a virgin sim in and working !

just thought id advise if anybody else having similar probs

stuartdb
28-05-2004, 05:20 PM
i have a unlocked nokia 6600 that was orange and i used the two first codes and it worked great

tzeonn
28-05-2004, 05:47 PM
moved to unlocking section.

lullavinay
03-06-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi there i have a vodafone 6600 locked. When i try inserting another operator it automatically shuts down any clue how do i unlock it. Thanx in advance.

robinellis
14-06-2004, 08:08 PM
well code 1 gave a "code error" and code 2 said "sim restrictions off" then reboot! (turned off with another provider sim in!) stayed on orange network when orange sim inserted.

i then tried code 5 "sim restrictions off"

so code 2 & 5 worked for me.

word. that worked for my orange 6600 bought around may 2004.

robert1980
25-07-2004, 01:02 AM
just want to say thanks for this thread, as i have just tried code 2 and 5 which have worked for me to unlock an orangeuk 6600.was a bit worried i might end up entering the code wrong 5 times. now using twin sim holder for orange and o2 :) .