PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 1100 Unlock assistance needed

nokianumbskull
03-05-2004, 11:09 PM
I recently purchased the Nokia 1100 in Mexico City (Telcel - Amigo System) and need to unlock the phone in order to get service in the US. I have seen mention of unlock calculators, but they are all for a PC, I am on a Mac. Can someone please step me through the process of unlocking my phone, I haven't a clue where to start or what to do.
Muchas Gracias!

crashynot
04-05-2004, 01:21 AM
Nokia 1100 is a dct4 fone that uses V3 code for unlock
you need to the fones IMEI .....easy type *#06# or see under battery
the network code for the provider witch is
33402 =(Telcel - Amigo System)
then you will get a code that looks like this #pw+???????????????+1#
now to insert the code do as it says in my Sig below

nokianumbskull
04-05-2004, 01:37 AM
Thank you so much for your quick response!! Just curious, how do I check to see if the sequence worked?
Pajaro

crashynot
04-05-2004, 01:40 AM
Thank you so much for your quick response!! Just curious, how do I check to see if the sequence worked?
Pajaro
after you put in ther code you should get
RESTRICTION OFF and fone reboots
and then you can try an other sim card of any other provider and it should work 100%

nokianumbskull
04-05-2004, 01:48 AM
I did not see 'RESTRICTION OFF,' but I also wasn't staring at the phone the whole time. a few seconds later it said to insert sim card. I put the old one in for no good reason (I don't have a new one) did I undo what I unlocked or does the phone stay unlocked after you put a sim card back in? If it's still locked, do I just do the sequence again?

More importantly, I never entered the TelCel number 33402 =(Telcel - Amigo System) in the sequence, is that part of the unlocking process?

Pajaro

Thanks!

EdgeCrusher
04-05-2004, 03:11 AM
No it's not part of it.

The network code is to calculate the code. You must use a PC, not mac, and download the Unique calculator.

One thing, you don't have to use the v2 key, you have to use the griffin clip, that looks like GTCL-0001 (and in the box next to it will appear 33552) in the Unique. Of the seven codes that it will calculate, use the last one.

Be careful, you can't try more than five times. If you try more than five times unsuccesfully, the phone has to e unlocked via cable, there's no other way.

So, on the Unique calculator, you must use:
ASIC type: 2
Key: GTCL-0001 (33552)
Network Code:33402
IMEI: your imei (like they said perfectly, press *#06# on the phone)

then calculate the codes.

Then take out the SIM, turn on the phone, and when it says "Insert SIM card", type the seventh code. Once you type the last #, the phone will give you the message "phone restriction off", and will turn off and on. Therefore, the phone is unlocked.

If you're not sure if you unlocked the phone, type in again the code. Once you type in the last #, the phone will give you the message "Phone restriction already off", or something like that. Pay attention to the screen!! it tells you what is happening!

Be careful, and good luck
Edge