PDA

View Full Version : phone scanner... is it true!!!?

Da_Lord
15-09-2002, 04:40 PM
once upon a time,:)
a friend of mine,:o
told me that it's possible to transform a mobile phone into a scanner for radars... ;)
can any of the experts here on this group check for the veracity of this gossip???:confused:
i pray to god to get some expert answer... and not another rumour...:(
plur:grin: :-D :-D :D

blart
15-09-2002, 05:09 PM
The only real way to convert a Nokia phone into a radar detector, is to disassemble the phone, remove the circuit board, then replace with a board from a radar detector.

It is a very old "trick". I cannot remember exactly what profile you select to bring up the "scanner" on your phone, but at the end of the day, that is all it ever was. The indicator for a selected profile.

Blart

Da_Lord
15-09-2002, 06:05 PM
..and will share with us his xperience...

i don't think that modifying the phone to do this you need to change any hardware stuff... probably chaging some of the parameters on the program! it is possible to change the frequency that the mobiles use to capture net, isn't it?
so, in this case you only need to get signal from those radars!!! what is the range of frequency that mobile captures?

sagal
16-09-2002, 11:42 AM
:D

Hehe

Nice dream!
This thing only visualization.Many thing need for materialization.
Simply impossible.

brakk_
28-09-2002, 03:19 AM
can't any coder put an ester egg 'sort of' in s/w?
by put a group ID (00000) in security/group something appear at front end of my old 5110 (strange icon with 5 digits number)... this tips is know 'to detect radar' without other precision
no way to tes and/or know if it works.. maybe have u more chance than me ;)

Da_Lord
28-09-2002, 01:23 PM
but here in portugal, it was suposed to work that and the 12345 on same field... with the 5 zeros it's for one tipe of radar and the 12345 it's for the city radar... once i've put those codes and started to drive my car thru the city... never saw that tip work... :)

liteFun
01-10-2002, 05:27 PM
just rumours.

btw, modify your flash that sign to smiley and use your mobile type , like i have it :) 5510

blart
01-10-2002, 07:48 PM
Yep it is just an old rumour.
I use a $500 radar detector, and it has never failed.
My phone just rings to let me know I have to go to work.

Hey but there again the radar detectors talk-time is hopeless.

KnOeFz
01-10-2002, 07:54 PM
If you want to see what's maybe the source of this rumour... go to your local video store and rent Hackers2: Operation Takedown... it's the Kevin Mitnick (is that spelled right?) story... he pulled of some cool stuff with old Nokia TDMA? phones...

It's a cool movie anyway...

-=K=-

sk3done
01-10-2002, 09:53 PM
incorrect kevin mitnik did not use or do any thing to mobile phones it was the japanese guy that was chaseing him he found the notel exploit on the nokia p3 it was a keypad number that when entered would allow you to listen to most fequencys you inputed in to it

KnOeFz
01-10-2002, 10:18 PM
you're right... it's been a while since I saw it :)
Been watchin it tonight again :D

-=K=-