PDA

View Full Version : Flipping Screens on an 8310

Veron
16-09-2002, 12:17 PM
I have seen some phones where the colours on screen are the opposite to what they usually are, I can only guess the owners of these phones have flipped the screen, has anyone got any ideas on how you do this.........I am gonna try now so I will let you know the outcome:confused: :confused: :confused:

wfc
16-09-2002, 12:28 PM
it is called screen inversion. it is where you take the poleriser of the lcd and rotate it 90Degrees. search for the post "screen invert do it your self":)

Veron
16-09-2002, 01:06 PM
thanks for the info, I have just put my phone back together as it was, I got the screen out but didnt want to damage it so I will try again later

Thanks again !!!!!

NokiaFX
17-09-2002, 11:06 AM
Wouldnt recommend it on an 8310, try a cheaper phone or try it on a calculator or something

You basically just remove the lcd from the phone, on the top of the screen if you hold it sideways you will see there is a thin film you need to peel this off, be very carefull not to scratch the screen, theres some glue on the filter that you peel off so after you have removed this you might want to try removing the glue before replacing it (warm water) or you could try just buying some polorisation film (camera shops) anyway just rotate the filter about 90 degrees or to any angle where you are happy with the shade of the screen, then just put it all back together

The screens on the 8310 are still quite expensive so i wouldnt really recommend doing this on that phone, its very hard to see the text on the screen especially in daylight, most people just get frustrated and bored by it in a week...

NokDoc
17-09-2002, 05:48 PM
Hold,

There is maybe possibility that inverting lcd was done by Software!

Like for 3310-557 set the byte at 07D2E9 from 88 to C0.

Maybe it can be wise to check a new flash first before break open?

NokDoc

NokiaFX
17-09-2002, 08:09 PM
He might not have a DCT4 flasher...