PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Nokia 3100

NetRyder
09-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Help!!! Was recently in UK & bought a Nokia 3100 (Vodaphone). Now, i'm back in my country, but cannot use my phone "Insert SIM Card". My IMEI is <Removed>. 3100 is not listed on "www.nokiafree.org/free-nokia-unlock-codes". Can someone pls advise how to unlock phone.

Is there a code i can type to view if phone has been used previously & how much time???

Thx a lot!!!

browntoa
09-05-2004, 10:25 PM
you need a minimum of 10 posts for the online calc to work

or you can go to www.uniquesw.com and download the calc from there and do it yourself !!

yours is a Asic 2 type phone and code 1 is the code to use first for the usa

NetRyder
10-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Thx Browtoa...

I've downloaded YDCT4CALC, & NFREECALC, DCT4CALC231. Tried code generated on the 1st two (same code) twice, but got mssg "code error". So, i've got only 3 more tries left. On DCT4CALC231, there is a field option where i can choose from V1, V2, Griffin (Clip), Griffin (Old), or Griffin (New). Which one shoul i choose. Coz, i've noticed they generate diff. codes...but i'm reluctant to try by myself... Pls hlp...

Also...how can i identify Asic code???

Thx

Yotamz
10-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Thx Browtoa...

I've downloaded YDCT4CALC, & NFREECALC, DCT4CALC231. Tried code generated on the 1st two (same code) twice, but got mssg "code error". So, i've got only 3 more tries left. On DCT4CALC231, there is a field option where i can choose from V1, V2, Griffin (Clip), Griffin (Old), or Griffin (New). Which one shoul i choose. Coz, i've noticed they generate diff. codes...but i'm reluctant to try by myself... Pls hlp...

Also...how can i identify Asic code???

Thx

the asic type for 3100 shall be 2.
the key-code shall be "v2". (33820).
the network - vodafone uk. if you want to enter network code manually: 23415.

try code 7 only.

the codes will not change the "insert sim card".. you need to insert a simcard.
if there is a simcard in the phone, and it still displays this message - there is a problem with the phone or the sim.

moved to correct section

NetRyder
11-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Hey,

Thx very much....it worked great!!!! :)

NetRyder
12-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi,

Sorry to bother u again... I've have something unusual to ask you. My friend owns a phone shop & yesterday, he was robbed of some phones (Nokia 6600, Nokia 7250i, & Samsung E700).

My request is : can u tell me how to lock these phones to make them
unusable??? I forgot to ask him about the IMEIs though. I know u do only nokia handphones...but, can u re-direct me on a Samsung forum where i can get help for the E700.

Thx

EdgeCrusher
13-05-2004, 08:25 AM
well, i think you can contact the state organism that makes the lists of stolen phones. You give them the IMEIs, and well, all the data that they will ask to prove your friend is the real owner (figure that if it wasn't like that, i could blacklist my friend's phone just to make him a joke hehe), and if they're blacklisted, no company will give service to them. At least that way they're unusable inside your country (though those phones can be used in another country since there is not an internatinal blacklist.. yet). Anyways... blacklist them, and i'm sure that your friend has insurance!!

Best Regards
Edge

Yotamz
13-05-2004, 12:18 PM
@EdgeCrusher - you are right, but only if the phones were bought from one of the operators.

the imei "blacklist" is stored on a part of the gsm network, and so only the operators can access it.
if you bought the phone from one of the networks, they have your imei and details, and they can block it if you tell them it was stolen, but if he has a shop he's probably buying the phones directly from the manufacturer, or from dealers, and not from the operators. in that case - there isn't really anything you can do.

EdgeCrusher
14-05-2004, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the info Yotamz. Here in Argentina, all phones are sold only through the providers, that's why i thought that maybe in other countries where phones are sold directly from the manufacturer, maybe there was a state organism to regulate the list of barred phones (Here it is, but only service providers stay in contact with them).

I think it's pretty stupid to sell phones only through providers. I understand that, beeing a third world country, it helps a lot to the mobile communications, since i guess a lot less people would have a mobile phone if they weren't so underpriced because of beeing sold with a provider contract.

In that last months, i was looking for a new phone. Contacted Nokia, Motorola, Siemens, Sony-Ericsson, although a was looking for a Nokia, only to see if I could buy a phone directly from the manufacturer. Well, I couldn't... When i said to Nokia Argentina "Well, so i can't buy a phone directly from you, even if I'm willing to pay the difference in price?"... Guess what they told me..

"-yes you can. If you have somebody coming from another country, you could get the phone on the freeshop of the airport..." :lol:

I have to say.. good answer... and fucked up consumer.

Edge

Yotamz
14-05-2004, 12:06 PM
well.. i can't believe there isn't anyone that sell phones apart from the service providers in argentina. but the people who do usually have small shops, or stands, and you have to look for them if you want to find them.. maybe in your area there aren't any..

about buying from nokia, you can't buy phones directly, but there are online shops (like mobilefly.com) where you can buy almost any phone you want.

talking about prices, with all the contracts - the service providers' prices may be lower, but you have to sign contracts.
you have to do what's best for you.

EdgeCrusher
15-05-2004, 05:46 AM
It's not that there isn't anyone.. it's that the manufacturers won't sell phones to anybody but providers.

Those smalls shops exist in fact, but, they sell the phone with line, always. To buy a phone, you must sign a contract, or buy a pre-paid line. The difference is huge: the phone costs the double exactly. You just can't buy the phone without line, they refuse to sell it.

The stands, in shoppings, etc.. are from the providers (Here are Movicom Bellsouth, CTI, Personal Telecom, Unifon Telefonica, AR31, and NexTel). Really, the only way to buy a phone, is through one of the providers. Or, overseas, and that way you're running with customs, which is, indeed, useless for the difference. And all phones are lockes, because people here tend to hold their phones until they're really unusable. Here, people doesn't search for performance, search for economy. People who use the phone only to communicate, prefer to have their old Motorola Startac analogic, instead of trying to have something newer... the usual answer is "- why change it, if it works..". People don't care about if they're getting cdma, tdma or gsm, if they have sms message support... only want a mobile phone, without all the bells and whistles. That's why here, 1100s are sold a lot to people that wants a new phone. Though it doesn't have advantages, because it's a simple "tool" to stay in contact (see, i bought it because all i need is a good signal, good battery life and txt messages... the t9 is excellent, much better than motorola dictionary), i think the phone most sold in Argentina (from the Nokia range). I still know nobody with a 6600...

It's a complicated market, public, etc. Service providers tend to monopolize the market. One good example, is that, if you have a tdma or cdma phone, bought from one provider, you can't change provider without changing the phone, because the numbers are assigned by range, to providers. The Movicom range of numbers, is only for movicom, and useless for other providers. In this country, you don't buy the number, and you go with any provider you want, you are locked to one provider. Ultimately, thay started to activate phones from other providers, but, beause they modificated the law (I think they finally saw they were loosing money, because people got angry because of the locking politic, and preferred to be without mobile comms, even if they need it). Bur before this change, unlocking phones was illegal. Now, you just lose your warranty, even if it's a right for the consumer. I don't know really which adjective should be here... but it's common in third world countries to treat people like this.

Best Regards
Edge

Sorry for my english, I know it's nnot good... i hope you could understand!

Archgabz
06-06-2004, 10:29 AM
I've tried unlocking phone using Asic2 w/ v1 and v2, it reads "cannot undo restrictions". Thanks in advance for the help.

crashynot
06-06-2004, 11:26 AM
I've tried unlocking phone using Asic2 w/ v1 and v2, it reads "cannot undo restrictions". Thanks in advance for the help.
The corect one had to be A2 and V2
but it seems to me you used up your 5 trys
now you will only beable to unlock by cable
sorry mate :)