PDA

View Full Version : Help NOKIA 6230

scotslad469
12-05-2004, 11:56 AM
I have a nokia 6230 locked onto T-Mobile UK but let the shop round the corner try and unlock it so that i could use my vodafone sim card but i think he tried it more than the allowed times. How am i able to get this unlocked to vodafone .Its only 1 week old T-Mobile will give me the code for £15 after being with them for 1month but i dont think this will work now any help would be great

Yotamz
12-05-2004, 02:13 PM
6230 is asic 6, which is not yet possible to calc codes for, with any software.

you'll have to buy the code...or wait for a new software that supports this type (might take some time).

if you have tried more than allowed times, you'll have to unlock with a box.

scotslad469
12-05-2004, 02:57 PM
So i take it when i get the codes from T-Mobile after one month they will not work either ? I will plead ignorant then and put the pressure on them telling them thats how i recieved the phone what you think ??

z4kir
22-05-2004, 12:33 AM
That sucks, I was looking to buy a Nokia 6230 aswell, but if they can't be unlcoked for a while I suppose I better hold tight! :sad:

EdgeCrusher
22-05-2004, 02:25 AM
So i take it when i get the codes from T-Mobile after one month they will not work either ? I will plead ignorant then and put the pressure on them telling them thats how i recieved the phone what you think ??

they're not stupid, but you can play the act that you're stupid and don't know anything about phones. After a month, go with the provider with the phone, tell them thet you are willing to pay to have it unlocked, and make it their problem. Anything they ask you, you don't know anything, you never took the sim out of the phone... you know it's locked because you were having a chat with a friend, and talked aboyt maybe selling it, and then you're friend told you "but it's locked" "-what?".. blah blah blah...

btw, you will get a free flashing ;)

not very ethical.... but their companies, that usually don't take as customers, they just do business with us and try to screw us as much as they can...

Best of lucks
Edge

scotslad469
16-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Am i correct in saying that if the phone is flashed by NOKIA the code that i now have from T-Mobile would unlock it ? or is that still a no go because i have entered it more than 5 times. T-Mobile has sent me my subsidy unlocking code for this phone now.

michaellubelle
03-07-2004, 10:11 AM
unlock by code for only 1 pound