PDA

View Full Version : Siemens S55 problem

bendit
15-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Hi ALL.
I got a data cable for my s55 to see if i could unlock it. I tried, didnt work. Think i selected wrong type of siemens to unlock, im not sure.
Anywho when i try to turn the phone on all i get is a blue sceen for a second, then the dam thing turns itself off again.
Now i dont even get that anymore, jus a very quiet clik when i try to turn it on. Ok so i thought the battery may be dead, but when i try to charge it, it wont!

Using Siemens Service Toolbox v4.01 i can read info n that but when i click repair it says BAD EEPROM. So i read the EEPROM AND save the file. What Im wondering is will writing a NEW .BIN file fix the phone? Ive been looking for REPAIR bin's for the s55 and EEPROM software but have had no luck as yet.

Any one got any ideas/info. I would really appreciate it. I also tried to update the firmware using the s55 firmware updatefrom the siemens website but it just says there is no phone connected and asks me to turn the phone on, which i can't.

thanks
Tom

sergo_zmeia
16-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Get freia..its free..and try with it..
Good luck!
Sergo_Zmeia

bendit
16-05-2004, 05:53 PM
hi. got fria. re flashed it then unlocked it. Works fine, turns on now. Only thing is it is in German and i want it in English. Any ideas?

I used the firmware update on the siemens site, selected the language as english but me phone is still in german after doing that.

Do i need to flash the eeprom or the bootcore or both with an English flash file?

Where would i get this from as i can only seem to find german sites on the subject.

Thanks
Tom

sergo_zmeia
16-05-2004, 10:39 PM
U only need to switch it to english if any thimg is ok..
Regards!
Sego_ZMeia..