PDA

View Full Version : E700 IMEI change with usb cable !

e700 wapman
25-05-2004, 12:16 AM
it is possible to change the imei no on a e700 with a usb cable as i have done it.
i bought a usb cable complete with driver disc from a local market and fired it up.
ran software by myky, selected enter tat then straight forward from there.
ran software through com 5 which must be the usb port.
so if you can't get hold of a s500/e700 cable try usb it worked for me.
by the way this was done on my own phone at my own risk. the imei was put back to the original in case someone has a go saying it's illegal, which of course it is.

1blinggy
25-05-2004, 06:18 AM
sorry i dont think it would work as com ports are serial ports and NOT usb.

e700 wapman
25-05-2004, 09:41 PM
the drivers on the supplied disc some how configure the port to act as a serial port. don't ask me how but i guarantee it worked for me!
it also works with samsungs pims and file manager which couldn't even recognise my phone with a standard serial cable.
i have to admit i was very sceptical about using usb but from now on apart from flashing phones i will use usb rather than serial.

buzzing4u
27-05-2004, 09:33 PM
i just got my cables in the post this morning to unbar it through its was going to be harder than it was all i did was plug the cable in and went to tat mode and it was done if you want a copy of s500 service tool email me and ill send it to you . :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

[email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
life is just mobiles
http://www.mobile-madness.tk/

juddautd
24-10-2004, 01:19 PM
it is possible to change the imei no on a e700 with a usb cable as i have done it.
i bought a usb cable complete with driver disc from a local market and fired it up.
ran software by myky, selected enter tat then straight forward from there.
ran software through com 5 which must be the usb port.
so if you can't get hold of a s500/e700 cable try usb it worked for me.
by the way this was done on my own phone at my own risk. the imei was put back to the original in case someone has a go saying it's illegal, which of course it is.

please can u tell me where you got your software from as lam in need of this please can you help me

mobius303
03-11-2004, 11:40 AM
i can supply you with unlock/repair software for most models of samsung
contact me