PDA

View Full Version : simlock by the company..

daniel123
28-05-2004, 02:05 PM
hi

i have a little problem with my nokia 6100.

my phone is locked from the mobile company..

here is what happened..

i opened the nokia to simfree before (and checked it – It was fine!), then i lost it, called the company and they lock it to their service (the other company's sim card work) then I found the phone and I don't want to return it, because I already payed the insurance..

what can I do? I want to use it in the mobile company which I lost the phone too..

i tryed to enter the simfree lock code again, but it wrote that the phone in unlocked already.

what should i do?

please help me..

Dert
28-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Basically you lost it and reported it lost so the company barred it as they would assume it could have been lost or stolen. If your in the UK the phone's imie number will be shared amongst the network providers so it will actually stop working on all networks soon.

The only way to get it legally working is to ring the company you reported it stolen to and inform them you have now found it and can they unblock it, you may be lucky and they may do it. As you paid the insurance and you have now a new phone from the insurance company, legally the phone is the property of the insurance company

daniel123
29-05-2004, 01:37 PM
i could change the IMEI code of the phone, and then, there'll no more block in any service..
(and i'm living in israel, and in here i don't think that the mobile company share information about lost/stolen phones)

you're right, i will call the company and tell them, but only if i couldn't manage to change the IMEI code and it'll work..

crashynot
29-05-2004, 02:22 PM
i could change the IMEI code of the phone, and then, there'll no more block in any service..
(and i'm living in israel, and in here i don't think that the mobile company share information about lost/stolen phones)

you're right, i will call the company and tell them, but only if i couldn't manage to change the IMEI code and it'll work..
this depend on the fone
if it is a DCT3 fone you can change the Imei
but if its a DCT4 you will have a bit more of a problem
you can even change the Imei on The DCT3 fone too 000000000000000
and it will work
ever thou it is ILEGAL

daniel123
29-05-2004, 05:03 PM
shit! i'm totaly fucked up! nokia 6100 is DC4...

you know how i can change the IMEI?

crashynot
29-05-2004, 05:08 PM
yes it is poasble you have to REPLACE a CHIP UEM chip
that you will have to have technical knowlage and skills