PDA

View Full Version : Newbie IMEI changing

DCave
29-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Just found this forum and it looks really nice, a new place(for me) to get and share information

First off, i do know its illegal :D

Searched the forum but didnt find anyone whom had the same problem...

And now to the question; ive got this old 3310 that is blocked, not by networks but for not forfilling the "buying deal". So therefor I thought that id give it a shot by changing the IMEI. Does this help? And what do I have to do? Ive tried some programs but I just cant seem to get it right, and mostly the programs isnt in english, so theyre abit hard to understand :)

bradysarlo
30-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Nokia Tool 1.8 works great.

DCave
30-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Yeah but the thing is I run XP, and it doesnt work on that platform... any other suggestions or do I have to change os? Now thats a real pain in the ass :)

db391
04-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Yeah but the thing is I run XP, and it doesnt work on that platform... any other suggestions

If you are running XP you will need a copy of userport installed and verify the communications between your phone and the MBUS.

What error messages do you get while running NT1.8?

or do I have to change os?

Do not switch your OS unless you have tried _everything_ and still can't get it to work.
Everything as in:
* Configuring your serial port properly,
* Downloading missing DLL dependencies,
* Running Userport and setting the correct I/O range for your serial port.
* Testing the utilities with different port settings.

Windows NT 4.0 seems to run all the utilities no problem. (except Hex Workshop)

Now thats a real pain in the ass.

Yeah i know....:) that's Window$ doing its job.
Pity that Rolis didn't make a version of Nokia Tool, or Rolis 4.7x for Linux :(
I hate Knok.

DCave
07-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Hey man, thanx for the reply

When i try running noktool by rolis 1[1].9 i get a message saying "This SW does not run under Windows NT / Windows 2000"

I've tried the nokia sercive program; n-imei5161 (i know its for 51/61 series, but it still doesnt connect) And it states "Connection error. Please check your com port or upgrade new Dk2Win.dll"

I've tried to put the Dk2Win.dll file that comes with the files in the win/sys dir, maybe its is wrong... comp newbie too ;)

The com port works, at least with other products, but i just dont know what to do :) And "setting the correct I/O settings" sounds like hebrew to me :D

Well im off for now, take care

mestrini
07-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Hey man, thanx for the reply

When i try running noktool by rolis 1[1].9 i get a message saying "This SW does not run under Windows NT / Windows 2000"

you can make it work if you're running an application called userport (mentioned in one of the above posts). It's destined to allow direct access to the LPT port. Win9x has it by default but, since it's a vulnerability issue, the feature was removed in NT based systems. Every program that wants to access the LPT port must be proggramed to do it each time it runs.

Look for that name because it's been posted in the forum more than once

cheers

db391
08-06-2004, 10:04 PM
After you've installed Userport, please use these standard port settings and hit Update:

(for LPT1:) 378-37F or 278-27F

(for COM1:) 3F8-3FF
(for COM2:) 2F8-2FF

Put these values in both sides into Userport and it should work.

*edit*

This program doesn't work under Windows NT / 2000

Funny, Rolis Nokia Tool 1.8 and 1.9 appear to work under Windows NT ???

narcis79
03-07-2004, 09:09 AM
To get Rolis Tool to work under WinXP just hit right click on it in WinExplorer or Commander (or whatever you use), click on Properties and on the TAB called "Compatibility" enable the Compatibility mode and select Run this program in compatibility mode for : Windows 98 / Windows Me. Hit Apply and OK and it will work just fine.

siva krishna
17-04-2005, 09:35 AM
help me how to change imei and details imei change

bradysarlo
17-04-2005, 01:08 PM
1. Did you even read this thread?
2. Why would you want to change your IMEI?
3. Look how old this thread is...

siva krishna
17-04-2005, 08:12 PM
1. Did you even read this thread?
2. Why would you want to change your IMEI?
3. Look how old this thread is...
because i testing about that it is working or not i am doing on project that so pl give me information and i hear my friend phone like to change imei and soon