PDA

View Full Version : How to put a simlock back after removal?

Space monkey
30-05-2004, 01:23 AM
Hi!

I've got a problem, my nokia 6600 was locked on on T-mobile and i used the unlocker from this site witch worked by the way...
But there is something wrong with my display (was already before unlocking) so i went to the nokia service center but they told my i have to go to T-mobile becouse it was locked by them.
But T-mobile told me that by unlocking one of there phones al warranty is gone...

So i need to put the lock back and hope that t-mobile dont find out that it was removed. My question is does anyone know how to put a simlock back?

Many, many thanx in advance!

lonegunman
30-05-2004, 02:51 AM
I think with Griffin you can (not 100% sure) also sometime ago there was a program call B-winlock (made by b-phreaks) which could re-lock the phone.

crashynot
30-05-2004, 03:20 AM
yes you can relock your fone
with Griffin i have done it already
or you can use B-winlock by b-phreaks
that also works
but if you take your Mobile to a NOKIA service centre with warranty
they will repair it nad no problims asked ...
you cant tell them that the fone was locked
just tell them that it was unlocked already
caus a fone that has bean unlocked by code leaves no traces
but a fone unlocked by cable leaves traces on firmware

lonegunman
30-05-2004, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the back up as it's been some time as I have been away but glad to see I can see remember things. 8-)

Space monkey
30-05-2004, 04:49 AM
Lonegunman and crashynot, many thanx for the fast reply! :smile:
i will search for this b-winlock porgram.

I have to put the lock back becouse aside of the simlock T-mobile also pre-installed some shit on my Z drive (ROM) so the people at nokia service will notice that.

Space monkey
31-05-2004, 05:53 AM
I've dl'ed b-winlock but you need to have your phone connected to pc in order to get it to work wich means opening my 6600.

Any change you can put the lock back remotly like i did with on-locking it?