PDA

View Full Version : to Phone dudes or whoever about reading an EEPROM

Plapla
18-09-2002, 10:38 PM
i mentioned phonedudes couse it was the first nick that crossed my mind.... with nokiasoc2 id like to read my eeprom but a pop-window ask me for starting position and end memory position, what should i enter here???? i leave it with the values the windows gives to me????

Thanks

green gerbil
19-09-2002, 12:25 AM
it should get defaults from the command ini file in the program. I believe its 0 and 16000 or something like that. My analysis of the eeprom supports that since it ends with a bunch of FFFF and then some sort of number which is probably another checksum.

ismael_mj23
19-09-2002, 05:48 AM
Hi, the starting and ending position the soft is asking you, is the line from the eeprom, in pony format, that you wish to start reading from. Remember, and if you didn't know, now you do, the guy who made this soft, started playing with phone eeprom with pony before he can download eeprom with commands sent to the phone via mbus cable. Because the main tool for eeprom editing is PonyProg, the soft sends the downloading commands to the phone via cable and the downloaded info is saved into a bin file in pony format.

Just look at the pony screen using any bin file and you'll see the line id number, that's the value that the software is asking for.

Ismael

phonedudes
22-09-2002, 08:36 AM
Assume your talking about TDMA models and NOT CDMA.

As far as reading you can/should always start with 0 (zero) and ending address typically is 16384. (That for the most part is the full eeprom area)

You can rewrite the first 32 bytes w/o problems as long as your rewriting exactly what you read out. So you dont actually have to skip it when writing as has been suggested. People usually say that as a precaution.
But as long as you remember to ALWAYS read the entire original data area that you want to rewrite you will never get yourself in any trouble that you can't fix by rewriting the original data back.

PHONEDUDES :) :grin: :)