PDA

View Full Version : unlock 7600 on 3 network

keatesv6
04-06-2004, 12:27 AM
hi all great site i need to unlock my 7600 that is on 3 but the calculator does not 3 on its options can someone help pls

Yotamz
04-06-2004, 12:23 PM
download the software from this thread:

http://nokiafree.org/forums/t57059/h/s.html

network code for 3/uk - 23420
asic type is 7.
box serial is 33820 (v2).

thetrooper
10-06-2004, 01:56 PM
If you email me with your imei i will send you the codes and instructions on how to unlock this will work 100% worked with mine and the others i unlocked

unlockclips.com
11-06-2004, 01:06 AM
You may find you still have signal problems when the phone is unlocked. The direct unlock solution is best. This will give you an extra menu in the phone settings for the network mode, this must be changed from Dual to GSM for the phone to work properly on 2g networks

;)

georgieo
24-06-2004, 06:53 PM
I am a bit confuse on the network3 thing could anyone kind enough to explain why i need to input in another code to use it for g3?I just got hold of a nokia 7600, running on vodafone pay as you go. But hoping to swop over to 02 sime card which gives me 300 free texts ect,if i top up every month with £10.Hope someone would put me in the picture, thanks in advance.

Yotamz
25-06-2004, 12:59 AM
I am a bit confuse on the network3 thing could anyone kind enough to explain why i need to input in another code to use it for g3?I just got hold of a nokia 7600, running on vodafone pay as you go. But hoping to swop over to 02 sime card which gives me 300 free texts ect,if i top up every month with £10.Hope someone would put me in the picture, thanks in advance.

there is nothing special about the network "3".
it is a 3g network, that means it supports 3g services (high-speed connection and video streaming, for example), but it is still a gsm network, and 7600 is a gsm phone, that means you can use the o2 sim with it without any problem.

the reason for manually entering the network code, is that it is a new network, and so it is not yet added to the calculators lists.

fatboymal
06-07-2004, 04:09 PM
there is nothing special about the network "3".
it is a 3g network, that means it supports 3g services (high-speed connection and video streaming, for example), but it is still a gsm network, and 7600 is a gsm phone, that means you can use the o2 sim with it without any problem.

the reason for manually entering the network code, is that it is a new network, and so it is not yet added to the calculators lists.

3 is actually a WCDMA network (commonly called 3G), it does not have any of its own GSM network hardware, but has a "roaming" agreement with O2 in the UK.

the 7600 is a dual mode WCDMA/GSM phone so you would expect it to operate normally with a GSM SIM, and it does for any supplied with the "full" version. however, 3 in the UK sell a version with one menu item removed, that is to switch the phone from dual WCDMA/GSM to GSM only. so even if you unlock the phone and put in the GSM SIM card, this has the effect of the phone dropping the GSM signal whenever it finds a 3G signal, and as you have only a GSM SIM card in the phone, it will not "pick up" the 3G signal.

basically don't bother unlocking a 3 supplied 7600 to use a GSM SIM if you live in an area with WCDMA (3G) coverage, it will not work with the GSM SIM - this applies to most of the major urban areas in the UK at present

if the 7600 was supplied by one of the GSM operators in the UK (O2, Orange, Vodafone) then this does not apply

yvonnejobling
24-07-2004, 12:08 AM
hi all great site i need to unlock my 7600 that is on 3 but the calculator does not 3 on its options can someone help pls
hi if you go 2 calculator put in your imei num
then put in united kingdom
clik on net work hutchinson 3G [3]
CLICK ON ASTIC [7]
NEW GRIFFIN
CLICK ON GET CODES ALEAST [10] SHOULD COME UP :D

aleksman
27-08-2004, 04:44 AM
hi im from mexico
i have a 7600 sim unlocked but this phone only works in gsm networks with 900/1800 but here the gsm network is 1900 are there any way to use my phone changing the barand?
now here are a 3g provider and the phone works with this one but they dont have this phone so they dont know how to acces to the programing menu
do you have the codes to can program my phone in wcdma?
3g uses an sim card too?
thank you very much

ilove2b
16-09-2004, 12:36 AM
If you email me with your imei i will send you the codes and instructions on how to unlock this will work 100% worked with mine and the others i unlocked

can someone please post a method of unlocking my 7600 on 3 network?
thanks in advance

Yotamz
16-09-2004, 09:45 PM
the normal methods will do..

download the software from this thread:

http://nokiafree.org/forums/t57059/h/s.html

network code for 3/uk - 23420
asic type is 7.
box serial is 33820 (v2).