PDA

View Full Version : R225 "searching for service"

hessian14
10-06-2004, 11:01 PM
I unlocked a Samsung R225 from T-Mobile and have used it for 2 months now on Cingular.

Now the phone is saying it is "searching for service" and I cannot place calls. If I put the Cingular chip in another phone, I can make calls.
If I put an AT&T chip in the R225 phone it works fine too.

Could Cingular have blocked my IMEI or are there settings that can influence the phone's working with the towers?

hessian14
13-06-2004, 04:51 AM
I figured out why it's not working...
the 1900 frequency was loaned from AT&T which just banned Cingular users from it. I know someone using a Nokia T-Mobile 3390 and their service ceased to exist the same time as mine. Cingular tech support only says that "1900 never worked" which is not true obviously. They say only 850 is supported.

My Samsung R225 says "dualband phone" on the back. should it not pick up the 850 when the 1900 is not available?

Did T-mobile block the 850 band on their phones?

Thanks for any help.

isoview
06-02-2006, 08:23 PM
I unlocked a Samsung R225 from T-Mobile and have used it for 2 months now on Cingular.

Now the phone is saying it is "searching for service" and I cannot place calls. If I put the Cingular chip in another phone, I can make calls.
If I put an AT&T chip in the R225 phone it works fine too.

Could Cingular have blocked my IMEI or are there settings that can influence the phone's working with the towers?

Hi I was wondering if you could provide the unlock code for me. I am currently using Cingular, and my phone's having some problems; so thought I'd use the old Samsung r225 from T-mobile. However, Cingular said i have to contact T-mobile inorder to get the unlock code, which I can not get because I no longer have a contract with them. It would be great if you can share the code to unlock the phone. Plus, we can probably compare notes once I can use my phone. Thanks

elkirf
07-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi I was wondering if you could provide the unlock code for me. I am currently using Cingular, and my phone's having some problems; so thought I'd use the old Samsung r225 from T-mobile. However, Cingular said i have to contact T-mobile inorder to get the unlock code, which I can not get because I no longer have a contract with them. It would be great if you can share the code to unlock the phone. Plus, we can probably compare notes once I can use my phone. Thanks
u need to unlock the phone using unlocking software and samsung data cable. u can call me or mail me if u need the software. my cell number is +234-803-7173560