PDA

View Full Version : !!! NEW 3D SegaRally.3650.6600.7650.sis

Woppit
11-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Hi to all, i dont post very often, but there is something i have found that does not look right to me.

Its in a file called "SegaRally.3650.6600.7650.sis" that i found on a yahoo group, it contains the following

C:\system\Apps\data.sis
C:\system\Apps\dbprofileApp\d Profile.db
C:\system\Apps\userApp\userApp.exe
C:\system\bootdata\CommonData.D00
C:\system\bootdata\HALData.dat
C:\system\bootdata\LocaleData.D01
C:\system\bootdata\SIMLanguage.dat
C:\systen\data\calender
C:system\data\Contacts.cdb
C:\system\System.ini
E:\backup\backup.arc
Z:\system\apps\Camera\Camera.app

I think most of these are system files of one sort or another, and in other sis files that i have looked into most of the stuff goes into the apps folder under the name of that app.

Well i hope someone who knows more about this sort of thing can coment on this, and also let me know what if anything this file will do to a phone.

Thanks

Shane

Ps, did a search on the filename before i posted and found nothing so sorry if this has been covered already.

tzeonn
11-06-2004, 03:05 PM
hmmm?

wats camera.app doing in a game? looks like a hoax file!

tansoftware
12-06-2004, 01:18 AM
Well it's not a typical virus, but the weird thing I figured out in those files that none of those files are actually funtional. If u look closely these files actually replace ur main system files along with ur calender, phonebook, startup ( Boot up ) files, in addition to ur language files and if u closely notice, it actually replaces the camera.app on ur rom chip ( Drive z: ) with a nonfunctional version of the file. I have tested the files on a series 60 emulator and it screw up the whole emulator by replacing the previously mentioned files with nonfunctional versions of them.

In short, THIS FILE CONTAINS INTENTIONALLY CORRUPTED SYSTEM CORE FILES THAT ARE DESIGNED TO REPLACE YOUR ORIGINAL WORKING FILES ON YOUR PHONE.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, INSTALL OR RUN THIS FILE. IF YOU EVER DO, THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO FORMAT YOUR MOBILE INORDER TO GET IT BACK IN WORKING CONDITION.

Finally I thank the guy who actually gave us a file list of that destructive .sis file. If it wasn't for him or his list, I wouldn't have tested the file and checked what it does and we wouldn't have been able to warn you members & guests. The guy deserves credit. Thank you.

v7e6j5
12-06-2004, 01:32 AM
It's 2 many damn files anyway & some files should not even be in there 2b used with the game.

Alt0208
12-06-2004, 06:52 PM
It can't overwrite the z:

I usually check them before installing anyway!

v7e6j5
12-06-2004, 08:10 PM
It can't overwrite the z:

I usually check them before installing anyway!

4 sure check them b4 u even think about putting them in2 ur phone. They might just mess up ur phone. And i know u don't want that.