PDA

View Full Version : Help me flash a 3310

narcis79
15-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Please help me to configure UserPort under WinXP.I have an Nokia 3310 manufactured in 2001 so it's kind of old and it's software version is 4.45.I saw that there is a 6.07 latest version of it and I wonder if there is any posibility to update the software from the phone. Please help me configure the LPT port in BIOS. There are these options:
Onboard Parallel Port
3BC/IRQ7 Line Printer Port 0
278/IRQ5 Line Printer Port 2
378/IRQ7 Line Printer Port 1
Parallel Port Mode
SPP Standard Parallel Port
EPP Enhanced Parallel Port
ECP Extended Capability Port
ECP+EPP Extended Capability Port + Enhanced Parallel Port
EPP Mode Select
EPP 1.7
EPP 1.9
ECP Mode Use DMA
3 or 1
Then, in UserPort (v 1.0 - Thomas Frazon 2001) i have tehse values:
200-37F
3BC-3BF
3E8-3FF
What must I choose and What must I remove?
The nokia Flasher DCT3 By Rolis 4.79 (build 001) I press "Read default flash size" and the processor goes to 100% and down there it says Press power on shortly. I press and nothing happens).
I made the interface with the LPT port by myself but instead of 74HC14, I found only an 74LS14P. In rest all the connections are correct. (The scheme is teh one with one 4K7 resistor, one 100nF Capacitor and two diodes, with the pins from the IC 11 and 9 grounded and with the LPT connection as it follows: DB1 (LPT 3 - IN4148), DB3 (LPT 5 / 1N4148), BUSY (LPT 11 - IC 12), DB4 (LPT 6 - IC 5), DB2 (LPT 4 - 3), DBQ (LPT 2 - IC 1), GND (LPT 22 - GND))
Thanks!

matt_016
18-06-2004, 09:44 AM
@ narcis79

I think there's no need to configure your LPT port(s) in BIOS.

What you need is UserPort for WinXP

http://nokiafree.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12375

Put both userport.sys and userport.exe in the dir Windows/system/drivers
Then run userport.exe start/update/exit.

Try to make a search.....you will get tons of answers.

About flasher, I personally use Rolis, on WinXP works fine!.

Again, there are a lot of tutorials regarding how to flash DCT3 phones.

Hope helps!

narcis79
19-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks. I've installed both windows XP and 98 and I managed to flash my phone so far. Now I'm trying to find the latest versions of the software (6.07 or 6.33) with romanian language pack. I've searched all over this forum, trust me :), and also all over the internet to find any of these versions or at least an romanian language pack. I've saved the flash in my phone and tried to export the romanian language. I managed it but when I try to put it in the 6.07 version some characters are changing and I get a lot of errors so the programs close themselfs. I think that to put my own language in the 6.07 version or 6.33 version I need it the way it is because of the new options that are in the menu and most of all, what I've started from with this flashing thing, I wanted to get an T9 in romanian in my phone so even if a manage to put the language from my older version in the newer one i don't think that I'll manage to see the T9 dictionary:) (my older version was 4.45). So... I'm asking you again, please, if there is a link to a 6.33 version or a 6.07 one winth an romanian lanuage pack included post it on here. Thanks in advance .

mestrini
19-06-2004, 01:28 PM
It would have been easier for you to tell us what was the letter of the language pack (N) instead of just "romanian".
For those that have wintesla package (with all the lang packs) it's not easy to go through them all to find out which is which.

Anyway i already have it can share it :D

enjoy

PS:
remove the .zip extension of the .z01 file and run the other file ;)

narcis79
19-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks a lot. I'n kind of new in these things and that's why I didn't knew what was the language pack name. I had to download a 5.58 version from A to N to find out which one has romanian in it :).
Anyway. I've downloaded the two archieves from you and one of them it's corrupted (the first one) :(. And I have another question for you: Couldn't you give me the MCU and the PPM files separately? because when I try to insert a .fls file in DCT3 flasher by Rollis (4.79b001 or 5.14-with m2bus and flash), I select the 3310 model at first, I press Write and then asks me in that small window what adress to begin and : if I don't modify it It's says thatdo you really want to write the eeprom? You may kill your phone. / if I press the 3310 button for the start adress 0x3D0000, after OK it says that the flash won't fit in the phone memory (Check file size and start adress start+size are 0x5D0000 but flash end are 0x400000). And I press OK and of course the program won't allow me to flash.

mestrini
20-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Hi,

when you say that the first file is corrupted do you mean you try to open it by double click? If so, then let me tell you that those two files are part I and II of just one .zip file. I divided it in two so that it would be easier to download (not everyone has fast connection ;) ). To unpack you must have both files in one folder, remove the .zip extension of the first file (the 'corrupted') and run the other file. That was already explained in my last ost. check the PS :lol:

About Rolis.

When one is newbie in something best thing is to search and read before ask because in most cases answer was alreaddy given and there's no need to flood the forum with same issues.
There is even one section with a lot of FAQ's that cover most newbie's questions.

Still, i can give you the answer...
First step is to make a backup of your phone's flash. Use the green button.
After that select "open file" and choose yours. Then press the black "down" arrow to load the file to the buffer. Finally press the flash button and very softly the phone's power button.

I think that covers it... :D

cheers

narcis79
20-06-2004, 05:33 AM
Well, sorry for the inconvenience :) and thanks again... a lot :). Now I hope I can even edit a little bit of it like removing some languages that I don't need and maybe change the common texts, editing some bitmaps and why not removing some ringtones. That's how I learn new things, no ?
Thank you!