PDA

View Full Version : Changing Service providers on an Unlocked 3390?

Shreder-X
15-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Hey, I have an unlocked 3390b that was T-Mobile and i need to change it to Verizon Wireless. How is this possible? I need to get a new sim card right? I went down to the radio shack and asked the guy there if i could get one there if i signed up for service, he quickly said no and that i had to get a new phone because verizon does not use sim cards and has different software. There must be a way around this please help me out, point me to a faq or some reading. I know you can clone your sim card but i need a verizon wireless one right? or can i re-program mine?

pduytengsu
30-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Hey, I have an unlocked 3390b that was T-Mobile and i need to change it to Verizon Wireless. How is this possible? I need to get a new sim card right? I went down to the radio shack and asked the guy there if i could get one there if i signed up for service, he quickly said no and that i had to get a new phone because verizon does not use sim cards and has different software. There must be a way around this please help me out, point me to a faq or some reading. I know you can clone your sim card but i need a verizon wireless one right? or can i re-program mine?
I do not think you can use a SIM card on a Verizon network, I think Verizon is either a TDMA or CDMA network and not a GSM network that uses SIM cards.