PDA

View Full Version : NokiX - Basic informations

yak
16-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Welcome in NokiX forum.

NokiX is a Windows application (written using Borland C++ Builder) that modifies NOKIA DCT-3 phone series firmwares using external scripts written in REXX language. The user has to select input/output flashes and choose the scripts that he wants to apply to input flash to produce output flash. NokiX (the program) intenally doesn't rely on any part of the firmware - it is treated as simple binary file. NokiX is responsible for executing all the scripts in appropriate order and for providing special commands to the scripting language (they allow the scripts to operate on firmware). All the hard work is done by external scripts and beacause the scripts are "open source", anyone can develop them further. Patches for well known modifications like rhythmic backlight, fade leds or slideshow (all known from G3n0lite 2.0) are included. Also, there are patches for new things like for example more templates. New patches can be added easily by creating new scripts. NokiX has many improvements when comparing to G3n0lite 2.0 both for patches creators and end users.

You can find NokiX, scripts and more here: http://nokix.prv.pl

You can also find it in NokiaFREE Download Area (http://downloads.nokiafree.org/c27/s37e728fe6d4503ead32c182df7e89e58)

On this forum you will find all NokiX related informations including new scripts development and updates announcements.

Have phun!

hud_nash
20-06-2004, 03:42 PM
Sir,
hello thanks for sharing a new software to al the members here in our forum....

more power and good luck...

crashynot
20-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Sorry to say but this fost dont RUN ON WIN XP
short of some DLL files and vb files

do fix
thanks

nEMO
20-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Sorry to say but this fost dont RUN ON WIN XP
short of some DLL files and vb files

do fix
thanks
download this http://piast.t19.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~awahlig/nokix/download/nokix_regina33dll.zip and this http://piast.t19.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~awahlig/nokix/download/nokix_borland_libs.zip

crashynot
20-06-2004, 08:46 PM
download this http://piast.t19.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~awahlig/nokix/download/nokix_regina33dll.zip and this http://piast.t19.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~awahlig/nokix/download/nokix_borland_libs.zip
thanks mate
gona do some testing now see if it is worth the work

will post reply on this

yak
22-06-2004, 02:45 PM
heh, it works for sure on XP, it was written under XP :)
but should work under other windows versions as well...

newknaber
12-07-2004, 06:35 AM
how can i add 5e0 id or how can i put in menu after it patch ex. callduration tnx great program! more power yak!!!

newknaber
07-08-2004, 06:08 AM
tnx yak now i know how to use ur program itx very easy more power!!! great tools!

yazan
10-08-2004, 02:46 PM
plz help me 2 write menu with 5e0 in nokix script

mestrini
11-08-2004, 01:32 AM
Go to nokix's site (check Yak's signature ;) ) and download the prog and the scripts and you'll also get an example project made by Yak with all you need to learn how to do one yourself. Just study the .txt files and you'll see how easy it really is

cheers

newknaber
03-11-2004, 09:33 AM
anyone here used the advance calculator.nrx and stone.nrx coz its not workin'

Electronic79
04-11-2004, 06:55 PM
anyone here used the advance calculator.nrx and stone.nrx coz its not workin'
Advanced calc & stones work OK withmy 3310. I had problems before, but
they were because there were no free space in MCU. Adv. Calc & Stones scripts take much memory for it's work. I just removed 2 of 4 slideshows in my project and now everything works very good. Try to define free space in you MCU using FlashMaster or any other program. I shure you will solve this problem!

yak
15-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Soon a new update will be available with lots of new stuff and improvements. The best for you with free space problems beacause of lots of slideshows is: slideshows compression support. The NOKIA 3310 example slideshow form NokiX archive compresses with 70% ratio so it's quite good I think :).

See you soon on my homepage.
[Yak]

k3nsh1n
20-11-2004, 06:15 PM
great work mate . thanks and cheers .

kraze1984
27-11-2004, 10:56 PM
@yak:
When applying messages_guard with other scripts sometimes you can only get to the outbox, sometimes only to the inbox, sometimes you see both types of messages in one place...

And big thx for fixing add_ppm_strings!

Another thing, how to protect, using guard.nrx inbox and outbox? they use one same 5e0 entry...

yak
28-11-2004, 01:25 PM
@ kraze1984

messages_guard has problems beacase of the way it's made. it was removed from last update and should not be used anymore.

instead, guard.nrx should be used. protecting inbox and outbox isn't a problem since they use the same FUNCTION but diffrent 5E0 IDs (just dump your menu and see). guard.nrx expects 5E0 IDs as paramteres so it works (at least for me - i use it all the time).

kraze1984
28-11-2004, 10:26 PM
@ kraze1984

messages_guard has problems beacase of the way it's made. it was removed from last update and should not be used anymore.

instead, guard.nrx should be used. protecting inbox and outbox isn't a problem since they use the same FUNCTION but diffrent 5E0 IDs (just dump your menu and see). guard.nrx expects 5E0 IDs as paramteres so it works (at least for me - i use it all the time).

Thank you for reply.

ramcis
10-03-2005, 09:58 PM
what can man do with nokix ? can i make change to the original OS ? add another fonctionnalities ?

yak
11-04-2005, 01:44 PM
@ ramcis
please go to http://nokix.prv.pl and read introduction.

losjok
25-04-2005, 04:51 PM
@Yak
This link says now, that your Account Has Been Suspended.

CooBek
25-04-2005, 05:15 PM
@Yak
This link says now, that your Account Has Been Suspended.

Yes mate, that are maybe some problems with hosting of PasjaGSM site - on this server are files of NokiX site... We must wait :roll:

yak
25-04-2005, 07:14 PM
yes, as CooBek said, something is happening there. unfortunatelly I can't do anything about it since the whole pasjagsm.pl domain was blocked and nokix.pasjagsm.pl is just a subdomain of it... probably we just have to wait a couple of days...

added
the site is working now

Daryl Saludares
07-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Hi Sir Yak, Welcome Back after your one month Vacation... hope to use some of your new scripts... Thanks

God Bless...

Karma XXL
27-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone!

I have recently bought a new Nokia 5510, and I'd like to ask to what level are the scripts compatible with this model.

I've read in the news that the calendar script is supposed to work on it. But do the games work? I've run simulations, but I can't flash my phone yet, because I can't upgrade the Ext_UI firmware with my current equipment.

I've run simulations with the 6.10.2005 dev. snapshot, all the games applied cleanly. But are they playable? How is the keyboard handled? Like in the built-in games, treating two regions of the board as numpads?

Thanks,
Karma XXL

BTW: Thank you Yak for your great work!

Karma XXL
01-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Nevermind, I've learned about it through trial and error. It worked :)

TheWiN
01-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Great :D
very usefull.