PDA

View Full Version : symbian with Nokix

mestrini
17-06-2004, 02:43 AM
Hi guys,

don't know how many of you read the thread started by Kraze1984 where he posted pictures of a new kind of menu just like the ones of new nokias and some siemens.

In that thread i posted my flash based on his idea and this time i whish to release a newer version (with small animated icons) made with nokix and with it some new scripts that came along like "show call duration" and "memory editor".

The flash is made using 3310 6.33 and 3310_old version of MADos and, so far, no bugs have been found :D

In the zip file you'll find the project file and all the text files needed to compile the flash as well as the modified flash still incomplete (without the new menu structure) and if you whish you can replace the text entries in portuguese for your own language and enjoy personalised phone (don't forget to use the correct PPM pack ;) )

tips: remember to change the path of the input flash (in the zip) and to chose another output flash (create your own name)
use the scripts in the nokix dir
remember to correct checksums 'cause this program won't do it (i was presented with CS more than once :lol: )

i think that's all

Enjoy (and hope you like it)

cheers

mestrini

GsmCyber
17-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Cool :) Very Cool...

Portuguese:

Epá és pt?! já podias ter dito :p

ShadoW2004
17-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Some body can write tutorial how to creat graphic menu?

bradysarlo
17-06-2004, 08:39 PM
http://www.geocities.com/smarkenshin/

yak
17-06-2004, 09:52 PM
@mestrini

Nice job, will go and check this @ home. Concerning checksums: use kill_mcu_check.nrx in your project to allow changes in MCU. The only script that messes with PPM is add_ppm_strings.nrx and it calculates checksums. Maybe I'll write a special checksums calculating script.

mestrini
18-06-2004, 01:57 AM
@GSMCyber

Yep, as portuguese as a guy can be :lol:
I thought it was clear since in the first symbian flash i post i mentioned the languages in the flash one being portuguese (my own) ;)
I'm glad you liked my flash. I also dig your works and admire your entry to the MADos team

translated:
Iá bueda portuga, é fixe haver malta do nosso país a fazer cenas para os outros abrirem a pestana ;)

Ainda bem que achaste a flash fixe.
Tb curto bué os teus trabalhos e admiro a tua entrada para a equipa do
MADos

@Yak
I hope you like my flash and enjoy it
About the checksums, i know about the scripts (already tested them) but the fact is that it's always necessary to update FAID even when checks are killed. Don't think that it's a bug because it happens with several programs. I think NokDok mentioned it once but can't recall where.

I also found some bugs ?(don't know if i can call it that)
when you select the option to have rhythmic lights (via menu) and after you lock the keypad the lights go off for a fraction of a second.
Also after patching the watch script the ppm text entry for the level 8 of the vibra menu is displayed as a bunch of strange characters and greek letters. Still, exploding the text chunk revealed that the entry was well written.
The nastiest bug is of the memory editor that allows to enter only once. After you leave it and go back, phone freezes and reboots (don't know if it's related to MADos but gotta check it tonight)

cheers and congratulations on your great work

P.S:
Loved your free_ppm script. After applying it and reading the free MCU space one gets a wonderfull surprise. 250k free space. for those that like to change graphics and animations there can't be better gift :D

yak
18-06-2004, 12:57 PM
@ mestrini

I didn't know about this FAID problem. Works great with my phone :). About the bugs... very strange ones... I didn't encounter such a problems. They all may be caused by MADos, I don't use it and haven't test it.

Right now I'm working on keylock_clock.nrx script. It will be my own version of analog clock screen saver. It will also display date and weekday, everything with PPM strings support. The clock will appear in couple of seconds after the keylock is activated (must be done like this beacause of the way it works). Hope it will be available soon.

Cheers
[Yak]

mestrini
26-06-2004, 04:23 PM
the memory editor "bug" still happens even though MADos is not present and genolite wasn't used. my flash is heavily modded (tones, bmp, anim) and maybe that might be the origin for the problem.

gotta test the memory patch in a original 6.33 C flash to see how it behaves

cheers

Adebisi
28-06-2004, 01:05 AM
very nice flash mestrini..
but can you tell how do you manager to get rid of scrollbar? :)

mestrini
28-06-2004, 01:37 AM
I guess i can...

it all started when Kraze1984 showed pics of his flash (from where i got the idea) and he also was in trouble because the scroll bar was always present over the menu bitmaps. he asked the man who found out how to do it (Nokdoc) but he wouldn't tell; instead gave some hints ( :-? ) and kraze1984 discovered it by comparing an 8210 modded flash by Nokdoc and an original one.

Kraze wouldn't also share ( :evil: ) but made a script to be used in genolite that was supposed to remove that annoying bar. The script didn't work (although he claims it does) but i went to study it and solved the mistery. :D

if you wanna know just read the file with a tiny tutor on how to do it.

enjoy

Adebisi
28-06-2004, 01:57 AM
GREAT, big thanks to you :)

bradysarlo
28-06-2004, 05:36 AM
Im having a bit of trouble with removing the scrollbar.
Rolis says the flash is to big after i change the HEX.
Also, the bitmaps become all scrambled.
Do you know why?

mestrini
29-06-2004, 01:59 AM
First we need to know what you did and what prog you used.

I use hexworkshop and it works like a charm :)

what is left to know is how you do it. I edit the file and not copy paste from the .txt

remember that the fls file must be same size after edition (1900544b, i think)

hope it helps

cheers

kraze1984
29-06-2004, 11:07 AM
I guess i can...

it all started when Kraze1984 showed pics of his flash (from where i got the idea) and he also was in trouble because the scroll bar was always present over the menu bitmaps. he asked the man who found out how to do it (Nokdoc) but he wouldn't tell; instead gave some hints ( :-? ) and kraze1984 discovered it by comparing an 8210 modded flash by Nokdoc and an original one.

Kraze wouldn't also share ( :evil: ) but made a script to be used in genolite that was supposed to remove that annoying bar. The script didn't work (although he claims it does) but i went to study it and solved the mistery. :D

if you wanna know just read the file with a tiny tutor on how to do it.

enjoy

The script was supposed to do the same thing as you written. Maybe it was the bad gsc knowledge, that didn't allow to give it to all of you guys, but the purpose was to make it easier, using just g3n0lite.

Sorry mestrini, for not releasing the flash but i didn't want to release it with so annoying bugs (do you remember, what time passed before ModZ was released ;) ). Now as my exams are over :rolleyes: , its only the question of days. I completely reworked the flash last night using NokiX scripts. Its less buggy, but misses NetGraph and no_sim.

grrreeetz

bradysarlo
29-06-2004, 12:18 PM
@Kraze
Do you know why your script didn't work?

mestrini
30-06-2004, 02:05 AM
The script was supposed to do the same thing as you written. Maybe it was the bad gsc knowledge, that didn't allow to give it to all of you guys, but the purpose was to make it easier, using just g3n0lite.

Sorry mestrini, for not releasing the flash but i didn't want to release it with so annoying bugs (do you remember, what time passed before ModZ was released ;) ). Now as my exams are over :rolleyes: , its only the question of days. I completely reworked the flash last night using NokiX scripts. Its less buggy, but misses NetGraph and no_sim.

grrreeetz

Hi kraze1984,

i'm not mad with you for not releasing your flash (maybe i chose a wrong icon :lol: ) i was talking about not telling us how to remove the bar. ;)

about the no-sim script, you can use any nokix script with shortcut key that you have same result (it's a good bug by yak)

cheers and hope to see your work soon

NokDoc
30-06-2004, 02:34 PM
...he asked the man who found out how to do it (Nokdoc) but he wouldn't tell; instead gave some hints ( :-? ) and kraze1984 discovered it by comparing an 8210 modded flash by Nokdoc and an original one...
...Kraze wouldn't also share ( :evil: ) ...

Hi,

The thing U changed by the gsc/example is a BL call for a drawline function.

We replaced it with 46C0 bytes, which in arm means like MOV R0 into R0, called a NOP.

Or in other words, Do Nothing.

Now that line draw command is skipped, and therefore no line is drawn.

I checked both the script and the text demo from Mr. Mestrini, they both look the same, and should work at 8210 at least.

NokDoc

mestrini
01-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Hi mr Nokdoc,

thanks for sharing that info with us. please note that i understand when people don't share their knowleddge. I know that sometimes one must take the long way. and i, for sure, don't mind taking it :)

sometimes time isn't enough to learn all we wished. I have same info regarding arm and assembling but didn't have the time to go through it. I, for sure, would like to be a developer instead of being a modder :D

cheers and thanks

kraze1984
01-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Ok, i found my bug!

it was the string Searchback = Y. I didn't understand the true meaning of command searchback, i thought it just searches in flash from the end, not from the beginning. but it searches the routine entry.

i corrected the patch, and made 2 patches that make exactly as krisha's snakepatch\snakedepatch.exe
here:
http://nokiafree.org/forums/t64903/h/s.html

Next step - learning REXX!

grrreeetz

mestrini
02-07-2004, 05:46 PM
I also found some bugs ?(don't know if i can call it that)
The nastiest bug is of the memory editor that allows to enter only once. After you leave it and go back, phone freezes and reboots (don't know if it's related to MADos but gotta check it tonight)

@ mestrini

I didn't know about this FAID problem. Works great with my phone :). About the bugs... very strange ones... I didn't encounter such a problems. They all may be caused by MADos, I don't use it and haven't test it.

[Yak]

well, tested with an original, unmodded 6.33 version, pack C and same thing happens when entering for the second time in memory editor menu. Perhaps i'm using a wrong menu construction (although i copied it from yak's example :-? )

cheers

mestrini
04-07-2004, 07:05 PM
hi,

sorry to reply my own post but managed to discover the origin of the memory editor "bug". It was all a matter of bad menu structure (forgot to add the "@end" to the X-tra menu :lol: )

cheers

thedogcow
11-07-2004, 05:01 PM
@mestrini Thats awersome, and prompted me to try and make my own full screen menu for the 8210... Running into a few problems... To display the image full screen you have to change the zones correct? I changed zone 13 which research showed was for the menu... However now all the sub menus look screwed up... Is there any way around this or is this something we have to live with? Thanks!

mestrini
12-07-2004, 03:15 AM
Playing with zones is something like having a small blanket that when you pull up to cover the head you uncover the feet and vice-versa :lol: .
Sometimes you change size and place of a zone and after flashing you discover that some letters disappear or that titles are over animations, etc..
i've managed to discover a few of the nhm5 6.33 zones but to get where i'm now (not the flash you have but a more developed and almost ready to release ;) ) i've flashed my 3310 test phone over 600 times... and i'm not exaggerating (sometimes it's over 30 times a day :D )

as you can see, it's a matter of try and error, try and get it right...

cheers and keep on

PS:
once my 3310 symbian is done i'm thinking of doing it for the 8210