PDA

View Full Version : 8310 problems - auto turn off and auto key press.

Raige
19-06-2004, 03:55 AM
Hello all, i'm new to the forums (first post) but i was hopeing you lot could help me here.

99% of the time my phone works fine but sometimes it goes into crazy mode and auto presses the canel button time after time after time, so if the phone isnt keylocked it goes to names then cancels any number i press cancels and sometimes the voice speak now applet displays, i belive this is causeing my phone to turn itself off too though it may be unrelated.

i think it may be a software issue (hopeing) and i was hopeing you guys could tell me how to toally reset the firmware (i have a data cable, though i'd have to dig it out) but it may be a hardware issue, i find that if i take of the facia and run my finger over the top right area of the button plate it starts pressing cancel repeatedly (this is just lightly touching not pressing) and therefore i think that if the facia buttons rest on the buttonplate it causes this problem to happen. anyone come accross it before? any suggestions?

i have a freind with an 8310 with a dead screen who doesent need it, i tried to take it apart today only to find i couldent remove the screen from the button plate, if anyone could explain how this can be done i'd appreciate that too, sorry for the long post any help greatly appreciated.

amin

Seany_Ireland
19-06-2004, 04:46 PM
is it an official nokia cover on the phone you are using ?

it's either a faulty LCD or dodgey cover.

To replace the LCD all you need is a Torx6 screwdriver, very easy to do, just remove the front cover and remove the 6 screws and the screen will come out.

hope that helps

Seany