PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 3110 in a BMW

PatrikSt
21-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Hi all,

I just got me a BMW that has the factory installed Nokia 3110 handsfree kit (lets you make calls from the wheel, see SMS and Phonebook on the TV, voice dial etc).

Problem is the original (BMW supplied) phone is missing. I've tried with a standard 3110 (they are sure getting hard to find!) and everything works, EXCEPT for the fact that it never switches to handsfree when the call is made or answered (!). Is it possible that the BMW supplied phone has a special firmware? Also, shouldn't the phone display something about being in handsfree mode when you plug the connector into it? All phones I ever had does that? Anyone here who has a similiar setup? Would it be possible to flash it to the BMW firmware, if that is the case?

Any ideas gratefully accepted

Regards /PatrikSt

crashynot
21-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi all,

I just got me a BMW that has the factory installed Nokia 3110 handsfree kit (lets you make calls from the wheel, see SMS and Phonebook on the TV, voice dial etc).

Problem is the original (BMW supplied) phone is missing. I've tried with a standard 3110 (they are sure getting hard to find!) and everything works, EXCEPT for the fact that it never switches to handsfree when the call is made or answered (!). Is it possible that the BMW supplied phone has a special firmware? Also, shouldn't the phone display something about being in handsfree mode when you plug the connector into it? All phones I ever had does that? Anyone here who has a similiar setup? Would it be possible to flash it to the BMW firmware, if that is the case?

Any ideas gratefully accepted

Regards /PatrikSt

All you need is to flash your fone with the last version
and it will work
and add the 3115 add on Of BMW
you will have it goin 100%

cprafferty
21-06-2004, 10:44 PM
If he really means 3110 which is a DCT-2 phone trying to flash it to a 3315 is not going to work at all.

As for flashing I don't think anybody but nokia can flash the DCT-2 models

crashynot
22-06-2004, 12:06 AM
If he really means 3110 which is a DCT-2 phone trying to flash it to a 3315 is not going to work at all.

As for flashing I don't think anybody but nokia can flash the DCT-2 models
sorry mate
my mistake
i ment 3115
and yes you can flash dct2 fones
just like dct3
have done it before

bradysarlo
22-06-2004, 05:10 AM
@crashynot
You said 3115 the 1st time lol
How do you flash DCT2 phones?

PatrikSt
22-06-2004, 12:19 PM
To clarify: Yes, I really mean the (way old) 3110. Why BMW decided to put that brick in a 2002 car I'll never know..

PatrikSt
22-06-2004, 12:22 PM
All you need is to flash your fone with the last version
and it will work
and add the 3115 add on Of BMW
you will have it goin 100%

Hmm, what is the "3115 add on"? Oh, and what version is the latest firmware for the 3110? I have the phone at home, so I can't check what's in it for the moment. Thanks for the reply

/PatrikSt

crashynot
22-06-2004, 05:09 PM
@crashynot
You said 3115 the 1st time lol
How do you flash DCT2 phones?
yes you can flash a dct2 fone just like a dct3 and 4
but you will need a NOKBOX1
to do so and a Software from nokia
i have this caus i have a Service centre