PDA

View Full Version : 4 ever free

pHilll
23-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Dear mates, iīm from portugal, therefor excuse me for my english!!
Iīm writting becose of my nokia 3200. It was locked to the national telecomunications company, but by calculating the restriction code from the imei, it become acesible to other networks cards. Althow it is unlocked i didnīt got the net monitoring functionality!!! I know that for my 5510 it was necessary a cable and software to have the net monitoring acess..so i bought also the DKU-5 cable that works perfectly to transfer data from and to the computer to the telephone...
So my questions are:
Second generations telephones have the same functionalities hided has the old oneīs?
Can I with this cable free totaly my nokia? How?
Can we, with the some kind of aplications,transform our telephone in a universal free information tool?
And, last but not lest, shouldnīt GPRS be free? Isnīt it the same tecnology as CB radios?
Friens thank you for your time and sorry for any unconvenience.
Filipe Lopes - [email protected]

Yotamz
23-06-2004, 02:33 PM
the fact that netmonitor is disabled is not some kind of lock or restriction, you just need to enable it.
as much as it is known, for now it's impossible to activate netmonitor on dct4 models (like 3200), even though it appears to exist.

Second generations telephones have the same functionalities hided has the old oneīs?

probably yes.

Can I with this cable free totaly my nokia? How?

your phone is totaly free right now. if you want netmonitor, that is somethign else, but currently it cannot be done (only by nokia service people).

Can we, with the some kind of aplications,transform our telephone in a universal free information tool?

sorry, i don't understand what you mean..

shouldnīt GPRS be free? Isnīt it the same tecnology as CB radios?
some companies give you unlimited gprs in a few $ a month.
for example here, one provider gives an unlimited gprs for about 2.5$ a month.

gprs, like any kind of gsm connection, is using the networks equipment to connect, like when you make a call - you use the networks antennas, switches gateways etc.. for that service - you pay.

in our world, nothing is free.. only air.. and sunlight.

p.s. don't be confused by the name, "general packet radio service".. it is just like any other connection, through the network.

pHilll
24-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Dera Sir thank you very much for your reply, and please e-mail me, as soon as itīs really possible, to enable netmonitor on dct4 telephones!!!
Could you please, by the way, indicate sites where i can find aplications to my telephone?!
Once more thank you very much
Filipe Lopes

Yotamz
25-06-2004, 01:39 AM
i can't help you activate netmonitor in dct4 models, i don't know how.. only nokia people know..

for applications:
search google (http://www.google.com) for "j2me+software" "mobile applications" "java applications" or things similar to that..
or
search here, in nokiafree, you can find links to sites in the links section.

about specific sites, i know of some hebrew ones, but i believe they will not help you..