PDA

View Full Version : Problem uplaoding Java games to 6100

Steve_Oll
23-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Hi,

I am a newbie to Nokias' and I was wondering if I could get some help uploading Java games to my new 6100 phone.

I do not have IR on my PC, but I am using software and a cable that the 'helpful' salesman at Carphone Warehouse recommended instead of the DKU-5 cable that is mentioned in the phones' manual.

I am using their handset management software to try to move a java game which downloaded via WAP into the Applications folder - I want to move it into the games folder. To do this I have downloadied the files to my PC.

When attempting to upload again it will not let me transfer the RMS.rms file which accompanies the *.jad & *.jar files. How do I get round this as the game is then listed but ghosted out.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks.

johnboyrover
24-06-2004, 03:07 AM
Not really being helpful here but,
why the bother over which folder the file is in.
The two folders, "apps" and "games" use the same memory anyway.

That said I always wondered why the phone put games in apps sometimes instead of games, why doesn't it let you choose when you download.

Anyway, to try and be helpful instead of rambling on,
Have you tried the original 6100 pc suite from nokia? ,
it's on their website if you haven't got it.

Steve_O
24-06-2004, 10:37 AM
Not really being helpful here but,
why the bother over which folder the file is in.
The two folders, "apps" and "games" use the same memory anyway.

That said I always wondered why the phone put games in apps sometimes instead of games, why doesn't it let you choose when you download.

Anyway, to try and be helpful instead of rambling on,
Have you tried the original 6100 pc suite from nokia? ,
it's on their website if you haven't got it.

To johnboyrover:
Straight to the point - what is the RMS.RMS file for as the software I use for uploading files to my phone says that it cannot transfer it?

johnboyrover
25-06-2004, 01:11 AM
RMS.rms is the record management system in a midlet, kinda like a backbone.
Don't know why it won't move with the rest of the file.
Are you transfering the file from folder to folder on the phone or directly to the chosen folder from your pc ?