PDA

View Full Version : upgrading 5210

LeeH
21-09-2002, 11:25 AM
Dear all,
Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem as member ggho5t_200sx. Please help us, those who can!!!!!

I wanted to upgrade my Nokia 5210 from v5.18 to v5.20 and thought that this should be an easy process using Rolis flasher v4.78 (build 006). My phone would not switch on after flashing the new software, so I flashed the backup made beforehand using Rolis and still have the same problem.

Now that my phone doesn't work, I have spent hours searching for answers and how this process can be done and have heard that Knok is the only program which can be used to flash a 5210. I have tried some Knok versions and get the message "Cannot prepare phone".

Please would someone very kindly explain how to get my phone working again and where to get the correct software or version to do it. Also, how do I make a full backup of the software in the phone which will work if I have further problems (I have two 5210's). I know there are others out there who have upgraded successfully. I will be really grateful for any help received. Thanks friends.

:: sunny ::
21-09-2002, 12:40 PM
can you tell us how you flashed your 5210.. complete procedure .. that would be easy to detect fault or mistake ..

i flashed two 5210 with rolis 478b and both were fine ..
Rolis 478b is fast and god for flashing DCT-3 .

regards:
haf

LeeH
21-09-2002, 04:12 PM
Dear Haf,

Thanks for confirming that I can use Rolis flasher to upgrade my 5210.

I don't know where I went wrong. Firstly, I thought that I made a full backup by clicking on the light green button to read the default flash size for my 5210.

Then, the files that I used for the upgraded software were in two parts. There was the MCU starting at 200000 and PPM-C at 490000. I followed the instructions in Rolis to merge the files, using copy PPM buffer to binary buffer. This seemed fine as the file size increased according to the size of both files. I then saved the new file and flashed it to my phone using the red "write" button.

In the first instance, I would just like to get my phone working again. Then I would like to try upgrade as soon as it works and I know how to fix it as original.

To flash the original software on to the phone, I used the red button marked "write" and left the hex values as they appeared in the box. I used Start address 0x: 200000 then clicked on ok. The default end address 0x was marked as 600000. Have I gone about this in the wrong way? Please tell me what I should do to make it work. I didn't have a problem with my 3330.

Thanks for a reply and your advice.

luN
01-10-2002, 03:03 PM
I have a 5210 Ver 5.13....
Can it be upgraded to V5.20?
and what's the diffrence?
plz PM me.....
i'm interested to know that
thanks!

itanium
13-10-2002, 11:50 AM
You can get 5210 version history here

http://marcin-wiacek.fkn.pl/english/gsm/firmware/firm5.htm#5210

:D

fatihorhan
15-10-2002, 10:34 PM
Never flash a 5210 with ROLIS FLASHER because it destroys....

Use only KNOK.....

luN
19-10-2002, 02:06 PM
i'ved got mine working fine now..... from V 5.13 > V 5.20.
but when you access the menu on the first press of the menu button from the main screen, it lags.... unlike before. that all!
hope you'll can do it too!
i did this with knok. i'ved use flasher by rolis(4.78) my phone can't power on too... but now i'm having a problem is that, i can modify it(fonts, bitmaps, etc..), but i can't update faid. after modifying, my phone has no network coverage....
sameone, plz help me out....
thanks!

slikmik
20-10-2002, 06:12 PM
faid cant currently be updated on a 5210 until we figure out how...

:confused:

Mike

luN
21-10-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by slikmik
faid cant currently be updated on a 5210 until we figure out how...

:confused:

Mike

:D yea, if you'll masters got the solution, plz PM me. I'm actually also working out for this!
regards.......

HANDYCRACKER2k2
07-11-2002, 08:05 PM
sometimes i have als this problem with knok flasher!!
i have found out, if you restart the pc,then immediaty start KNOK!now you can flash your phone! (if i want to flash a phone again, iīve to restart the pc again! donīt know how, but this solution always works!!!!

HOPE THIS HELP U!!!!

(x-cuse my english)

Gokhan_Nokiaz
07-12-2002, 06:37 PM
I have the same problem as Leehs Please some one help me to asap :( :confused: