PDA

View Full Version : Message for TNP (PPMEdit)

dheeraj
21-09-2002, 12:06 PM
Hello

The main reason for this message is that i cant really afford to buy your software coz its too expensive for me to spend 1000 ruppee ( indian currency ), but i really respect you and your software and also agree that nothing in this world we get anything for FREE. Everyone in this world Earns to Live but now Live to Earn. Here I give example of Mr. Joox, he is also developing regular updates of his software g3n0lite and even trying to make a tutorial on how to use that software. By no means i'am comparing you with Joox. You are developing different kind of software and Joox is developing different kind of software, but the point i want to tell u that if he can help people with his software without asking any single pie in return then why dont you do the same ? he is also a developer and you are also a developer then where's the point in asking 20 euros or dollar for your software. I know its very much of hard work but the same hard work has been dont by Joox as well, he is a member in this forum to help people and gain knowledge and I request you to do the same.

Bottom Line is even if u still think u dont wanna make your software for FREE then sadly for me is that i cant buy this software at all coz for me paying 20 euros is truly very expensive :(

On this note atleast i hope or request u help people who really cant afford to purchase the software whatever maybe the price.

Now i want to know what u people think about the message above given to TNP ?

Shopping_Guide
21-09-2002, 04:49 PM
You should tell Dejan 1st to do the same. If he answer yes, maybe tnp will consider to make it free version.
If you tell Bill gates to do the same, you won't see Win98/WinME/Win2k/WinXP now. You will only see w3.11 only.
People won't develop newer version if they didn't get any paid. Look at Flashtone (history). never been developed anymore. Ringtone Manager (by douda) does have the same story. Moreover, nokia always release new models each year due to their agressiveness. So, to keep PPMEdit always compatible with any incoming model, we must pay the author to develop newer version of PPMEdit. Afterall, there's no additional charge for software upgrade, right tnp?

SG

NokiaFX
21-09-2002, 06:16 PM
I agree with the message above by Shopping_Guide...
If you cant really afford something then you really shouldnt use it... :) software in my opinion is the same as any other product like datacables, it takes time and effort to write a program... I definately wouldnt do it for free, its like writting a novel and then giving it away, no one would really do that now would they??? and you wouldnt go up to a famous author and say to him hello matey, sorry i cant afford any of your pieces but can i have them all for free???

The only real arguement i agree with for cracking PPMEdit is it gives you the opportunity to make the product much much better... and not be silly about it like Logomanager which has had a billion and one releases and it still crashes :)

cyahus18
22-09-2002, 02:27 AM
if u cant buy the program just wait until its free or has been cracked. 20 usd is not big money here in the philippines so il support tnp, until its ppmedit1.0x lol. :D :D

theremoids
22-09-2002, 04:13 AM
20 euro is really affordable... if you want TNP's software, i think you better start saving money now than asking it for free.

markaidestine
22-09-2002, 06:02 AM
well, If u cant afford to buy his program then forget it, bcoz u know even if u dont have a ppmedit, u can still continue flashing, there's a lot of free programs/softwares to download, its unfair for Mr. TNP to make it FREE, he spends a lot of time, energy and money also. For me, i just considered my money that ive paid as a reward or appreciation for his hard work and creativity to simplify things...coz trough Appreciation people become inspired to give us more of his best works... and that is what u call a GIVE and TAKE relationship!....DONT just TAKE and TAKE...coz sometimes we also need to GIVE!!!

Joox
23-09-2002, 07:30 PM
The differences between me and tnp is that i program just for hobby. i love to learn new things and improve my programming skills. tnp programms because he has fun too but he think he could work all the time he has been programming. so he wants money. :)

g3gg0
23-09-2002, 07:34 PM
lol

*cough*
of course he may want money for this work...
its in his opinion how much he wants...
its legal so far...

but i dont think in honourable to "steal" the information
some researchers post for public, put it together and earn
money with this app.... even without saying THANKS to the
community who shared their work..

i wont share any information with public anymore..
because of guys like TNP next g3n0lite wont be GPL'ed..
it would be for free of course, but my (and therefore joox')
sources will be kept on a safe place

greetz

KnOeFz
23-09-2002, 08:11 PM
@g3ggo/joox

What about the rumours you guys are teaming up with Bl33dr to make the ultimate nokmod proggy g3n0khexliteultra or something like that??? :D Cause Bl33dr was about to quit after TNT started asking money and all...

Can this be confirmed?

-=K=-

GeeZuZz
23-09-2002, 09:23 PM
@g3ggo/joox

Hey! that's a brilliant idea! (if the rumour is true)

Give tnp some competition! we want free programs!

g3gg0
23-09-2002, 09:54 PM
nah, sorry but i have to dement this rumour...
theres no co-operation between bleedr and me, YET
(dont know if joox n bleedr do, but dont think so)

but this may change... its up on bleedr...

greeetz

KnOeFz
23-09-2002, 10:15 PM
well... my hopre is on you guys :)
You did an excellent job so far... and bleedr and other guys did most of the research... releasing info for free.. tnt is makin profit on.. and made people like you not publishing info anymore (I can uderstand how you must feel btw) so new talent will have to invent the wheel over and over again... this just slows things down I think...

-=K=-

NokiaPhreak
24-09-2002, 11:16 AM
hmm.... seem like most perl cgi programmer who learn or get those code free from net, and recompile or group them to create own program/script and make profit from it, doesn't what TNP did is same like that?

So did the free code original owner asking any money from that?
NO. and everyday still have many free code posted into the net.

as you know, i agree what TNP did, why? Ok, first: does everyone here already know how to add startup ringtone by using those free program? how many are there who already know? As we see, everyday still got ppl asking how can they add startup ringtone, how can they change the default ringtone etc. Didn't it they can learn this at this forum by using the search function? Did you try to search in this forum for those free info? Yes, they did, but what is that, i don't understand anything. So TNP come out, group and recompile those free information and create a program named "PPMedit" and it only cost USD20 for his hardworking. So what TNP does is to helping ppl to finish things more easy and faster, they don't need to waste time to learn for this themself, which is same like you spend USD20 per day for a worker who can help you clean your house everyday, but TNP only asking USD20 and just ONE TIME ONLY for his hardworking.

I know everyone want free things, as long as me aslo, but do you think everyone are as cleaver as you can understand all those free information which can be learn here?

Maybe most of you didn't agree what i've said, if above message made you unhappy, please forgive me.

Joox
24-09-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by NokiaPhreak
hmm.... seem like most perl cgi programmer who learn or get those code free from net, and recompile or group them to create own program/script and make profit from it, doesn't what TNP did is same like that?

So did the free code original owner asking any money from that?
NO. and everyday still have many free code posted into the net.

as you know, i agree what TNP did, why? Ok, first: does everyone here already know how to add startup ringtone by using those free program? how many are there who already know? As we see, everyday still got ppl asking how can they add startup ringtone, how can they change the default ringtone etc. Didn't it they can learn this at this forum by using the search function? Did you try to search in this forum for those free info? Yes, they did, but what is that, i don't understand anything. So TNP come out, group and recompile those free information and create a program named "PPMedit" and it only cost USD20 for his hardworking. So what TNP does is to helping ppl to finish things more easy and faster, they don't need to waste time to learn for this themself, which is same like you spend USD20 per day for a worker who can help you clean your house everyday, but TNP only asking USD20 and just ONE TIME ONLY for his hardworking.

I know everyone want free things, as long as me aslo, but do you think everyone are as cleaver as you can understand all those free information which can be learn here?

Maybe most of you didn't agree what i've said, if above message made you unhappy, please forgive me.

Does he asked the original authors to use their informations?? NO
Does he thanks those authors for sharing code for free?? NO

Just my two cents.

Harry Zhily
24-09-2002, 12:33 PM
Hey guys....

I agree with TNP, he must get his a rewards or money for his brilliant hardwork, but maybe he should think that not all the members could buy his software, but maybe ... someday he will give the free version.... at least the old version... let me say the PPMedit V. 10a... as we know that he has release the latest PPMedit V.10d....

Like NokiaPhreak said:

"So what TNP does is to helping ppl to finish things more easy and faster, they don't need to waste time to learn for this themself"

We are here to help each other not to debate our opinions, dont blamed each other.... let help each other,

Thanks

NokiaPhreak
24-09-2002, 12:36 PM
isn't it as long as you post out those info, you are agree to let ppl using it for free?? if not why you post it out?

Did those cgi programmer thanks to the original code owner? NO.

Did they said thanks to the author? No.

They only said thanks to INTERNET.

@ TNP,

Just said thanks to those info's owner who may be concern, they want you to say thanks to them. Just say it.

:D :D :D

tnp
24-09-2002, 12:48 PM
Hi guys!

I find out the most of the information by myself! As you know there are MANY stuffs in PPMEdit what was never seen before in other program or never knows anyone else how to do it!

To JOOX:
your PROGRAM was the ONLY one from where I get informations, but if I know it right you translated g3nlite from linux only, so you also get the information from someone else. But I talk to you on ICQ and I thanked the informations and I tried to help you too, and I'll always help you if you ask me!

So I don't feel it was unfair to make ppmedit non-free! but there's the chance for everyone to not to buy ppmedit or make a program like ppmedit and make it free! but it isn't so easy to write some prog like ppmedit as some of you thinks. maybe if you make a team...

I'll wish you luck to make better program than ppmedit!

dheeraj
24-09-2002, 01:43 PM
so u created your software PPMEdit and that too u charge for it ? and what those rolis software, he made if for free. if that dude also charged for his software then who would have purchased your software ?. ultimately if the flasher software is free then only people will think of ppmedit, if he also asked money for the software he created then who would purchase your software ?

tell me dude :). I still people that stop getting money for this software, make is free and help people like Joox and Rolis are doing, they are doing there hard work mate :)

Joox
24-09-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by tnp
Hi guys!

I find out the most of the information by myself! As you know there are MANY stuffs in PPMEdit what was never seen before in other program or never knows anyone else how to do it!

To JOOX:
your PROGRAM was the ONLY one from where I get informations, but if I know it right you translated g3nlite from linux only, so you also get the information from someone else. But I talk to you on ICQ and I thanked the informations and I tried to help you too, and I'll always help you if you ask me!

So I don't feel it was unfair to make ppmedit non-free! but there's the chance for everyone to not to buy ppmedit or make a program like ppmedit and make it free! but it isn't so easy to write some prog like ppmedit as some of you thinks. maybe if you make a team...

I'll wish you luck to make better program than ppmedit!
You will always help if I ask? Ok, then open your ICQ and read the last message i sent to you.... I got no answer. I found it out myself.

g3gg0
24-09-2002, 03:32 PM
"dont blamed each other"

wasnt it tnp who said that nokhex is an app that will be coded
in 8 hrs? and therefore he degraded bleedr to an dumbass that
wasnt able to code nokhey in that time...
yes right... BLEEDR was the one who found out many important
things... just think about the 3330 chk (if i remember correctly)
and now TNP says that bleedr's app is just worth 8 hrs
lol then hes wondering why we are angry???

i found out the menustructure...
and i wait for TNP saying "g3n0lite is an cheap app that will be coded in 2 hrs"
sorry, i dont like such kind of people...
even not if they're selling their programs for "just" 20EUR

and the examples like
"if windows were free, we would have still win3.1"

yes yes right..... GOOD MORNING, ENABLE YOUR BRAIN!!
and think about what you said..
e.g. linux is fully GPL... and for sure it's better than win3.1
so 1st think about what u are saying

okay what if i will do the same??
if i research some new things (in 3 or 4 days my new code is ready)
i will sell this new code for 20EUR... // typo fixed
WITHOUT SOURCE

and then think about rearranging your menu guys...

greeetz

theremoids
24-09-2002, 04:28 PM
hey guys... if your software is free or not - who cares! people will take what is helpful for them....

if you work, you should be paid.
if you just played - well it should be free.

i'm thanking everybody now... maybe one day i'll be doing a prog of my own... and everybody wants the credit!

NokDoc
24-09-2002, 06:24 PM
Mr. Tnp,

>> I find out the most of the information by myself!

To me this is pure bullshit!

I think U start to believe in Ur own dreams.

But U completely lost my personal respect.

Have a nice day.

NokDoc

butchsor
26-09-2002, 03:11 AM
Why not all of you geeks come into one and make an all-in-one prog. for the mobile users to be happy with!

Someday I wish you will be Microsoft of the mobile industries! LOL.

Remember? In "Onion" there's always Strength?

NokiaPhreak
26-09-2002, 12:31 PM
Good idea, create your own don't waste time to ask them have their software free. Doesn't some of you said those information are research by you.

** if you really can't afford it, then don't use it or maybe crack it,

if you want to use it, then pay it. **

NokDOC, please end this story, if TNP really want to free it, he will, but if he really need those money to support his work, then why you all want to make TNP a second ICE DRAGON??

If TNP quit, "this just slows things down I think" <- which what KnOeFz said. but in diffirent meaning......

:D :D :D

@dheeraj
How much for a handphone in india? You can buy an expensive handphone but you cannot spend less for software.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

dheeraj
27-09-2002, 06:47 AM
Hello NokiaPhreak

Sorry to tell that i got my 3310 instrument for free and also sim card provided by local gsm operator was also free. so, its my good luck :)

I'am telling all this coz i really feel that its truly tough to pay 1000 bugs for that software where as i buy pirated software for about 50 to 100 bugs ( indian currency ).

I just want to tell all u people is that i'am not against TNP or anyone, but i really felt that he should have helped the people in distributing the software for free. Again i give example of Rolis software, is that guy made paid software then who would have bought ppmedit software ? If the main source software rolis is free then on in this world can ppmedit be a paid one ?

Thats my comment, but i'am not agsint anyone nor abusing any particular person :)

butchsor
27-09-2002, 10:59 AM
India has the largest IT business in Asia! do you mean you have lots of pirates there?:D

NokiaPhreak
27-09-2002, 02:18 PM
:rolleyes:

Then continue to wait for pirate copy of ppmedit......hope you will get one....god bless you....

everyone want pirate software, then who want to make software in future when there is no profit.

Joox
27-09-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by NokiaPhreak
:rolleyes:

Then continue to wait for pirate copy of ppmedit......hope you will get one....god bless you....

everyone want pirate software, then who want to make software in future when there is no profit.
LOL, I don't gain profit of software but I won't stop working on software. :rolleyes:

GeeZuZz
27-09-2002, 04:38 PM
I think there is no need for more discussion about tnp's decision. He decided to sell the software and i think he know what people think about it.

I think he also know that if he released it for free, he would be our "hero", and much more respected.

KnokKnok
27-09-2002, 04:56 PM
Well, if I will use this software for a living (business) then I will buy this how much it cost. But if for hobby or playing around ... maybe... I will wait pirated software from India. :D :D :D

Phun Q
03-10-2002, 01:34 AM
Opensource is the way to go!

Sure, it will spawn a mass of clones, but most importantly; people can contribute to the making of the software and help with bugfixing etc.

Charging for software is the way of a capitalist! Closedsource takes you closer to satan!

butchsor
04-10-2002, 07:40 AM
For the democratic dudes, just say: SELL It and I will BUY it!:D