PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 8390 ,,need to remove pin code

gomer
24-06-2004, 07:21 PM
I just bought a used Nokia 8390 at a yard sale , the phone is in excellent condition and was used on the AT&T Wireless network (code 310 380) and is not restricted or blacklisted as it was replaced by an upgrade phone on the same network. I have the "IMEI" number and what is listed as the "code" number from the phone label ... When I power on the phone with the AT&T sim card I get "Enter PIN Code" , I do not have this code , Is it stored on the SIM card? Is it erased when the sim lock is removed? ,, I would like to use this phone on the T-Mobile Network (replacing a bad ericsson I had/have), What is the sequence that I enter data in and how do I make the special characters such as "/" and letters such as F J T & Q , I know they are associated with the number keys but all I'm getting are numbers ,, I'm obviously not in the correct mode...

Thanks in advance...

sergo_zmeia
25-06-2004, 12:07 AM
PIN code is stored in the sim card...so find a card with good known PIN and try phone with it..
Good luck!
Sergo_Zmeia

gomer
25-06-2004, 11:14 PM
PIN code is stored in the sim card...so find a card with good known PIN and try phone with it..
Good luck!
Sergo_Zmeia

My original t-mobile sim (with known pin code) got me in and the generated unlock code worked on the first try ,, Thanks ,, great site and great service here ...