PDA

View Full Version : nokia 3300 probs

spot176
26-06-2004, 09:44 AM
hey guys i'm new here.....so here goes

what the hell is this symbol?, it looks like an open lock..it shows everytime i'm trying to make a call...and i cant even make that call too..please help me?

Yotamz
26-06-2004, 02:27 PM
calls made on gsm phones are encrypted.

if there is an error, and the call cannot be encrypted, an open lock shows on the display.

usually, powering off the phone and turning it on again solves the problem.

if you have the open lock all the times, and it doesn't dissappear, and you also can't make calls, first try to call from somewhere else, there might be a problem with the transmitter where you live.

if it still is still shown - try another simcard from the same provider.
if that worked - your sim is damaged, ask your provider to replace it (usually for free).
if it didn't work - there is a problem with the phone.

(do these things where you have a good reception, and using the home network).

i'm almost sure it has something to do with the sim, however, when i had that symbol, and i asked the provider service people, they didn't know exactly what it means and what i have to do.

if everything i've said here doesn't help - ask the provider, and post the answers so we know for next time.

spot176
27-06-2004, 03:07 PM
dood, thanks a lot, that is some good info there...appreciated...

now i did try my moms sim card, and it did work, so my guess is, theres nothing wrong with phone (its used)

and im going to get another sim from the same provider to see whats going on (the fact that they woth replaced it, i have to get a new one with a new number)

but thanks a bunch man....