PDA

View Full Version : FAO Tzeonn or anyone else that understands IRC!!

Spanky Deluxe
27-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to work out how to use IRC recently because I've given up trying to find mobiclip anywhere else!

Anyway, my problem is that after following Tzeonn's FAQ, when I try to download a file using the 'get' command, I always get a message saying:

"Sorry but due to abuse, this file server uses an Anti-Camp Policy. Since you reached the maximum number of personal queues this session will automatically close in 30 seconds."

I don't have a clue what its going on about!! I'm using a fresh install of mIRC btw.

Cheers for any help!! :)

Phil

neiltoe
27-06-2004, 10:04 PM
that means that you have use all your available options need that be queues or sends so that means you have to wait to use that server again until you receive the files you requested. simply put you get put on a list and you have to wait til your turn comes up. if you are only trying to get 1 file (mobiclip) you only need to request it once and wait patiently. It will come

Spanky Deluxe
27-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Ok cool, I'm beginning to get this I think. But what I don't get is that it disconnects me after 30 seconds like it says. How do I stay connected so that i get the file??

Cheers!! :)

fire-at-will
28-06-2004, 01:55 AM
as soon as it says 'sending.... (file)' or that your in a queue, you can leave that connection so as long as you've typed your get command before it cuts you off your fine. you just need to stay in the mediaplace (or whatever) channel until your turn in the queue comes up.

sorry i've explained that really badly :p its late

tzeonn
28-06-2004, 09:39 AM
u do not need to keep the chat window open to get the file.

when u type get xxx, see wat is says, sometimes it will say, no more queue slots, so u cant get the file. sometimes, it says, u are in queue number xx, so wait for ur turn.

if u cant get the file from this fserver, get from another.

Spanky Deluxe
01-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Woohoo!!! It started downloading!!! I have no idea what I did differently, but it suddenly worked. I just typed 'get mobiclip.zip' a few times and then suddenly it started downloading. I'm using the invision script at the moment.

Yay! I'm so happy!! It says it will take about an hour to download but I really don't give a monkey's as longs as I finally *get* it!! :-)

Oh btw, Tzeonn, I noticed that in your IRC FAQ, the link to the Invision site is broken, I think the link there is to www.i-n-v-s-i-o-n.com instead of www.i-n-v-i-s-i-o-n.com.

Thans so much for all your help guys!! :)

Kind Regards,

Phil

tzeonn
01-07-2004, 04:03 PM
yeap, glad to know it works for u.

in the pdf version with pix, i corrected that error.

thanks anyway. ;)