PDA

View Full Version : 10 Grand NIGERIAN PHONE accessorie SCAM...BEWARE

gsmsolutionsltd
01-07-2004, 09:17 PM
MODs Please Post as sticky.. members/traders need to see this..

Below are details form a person or persons that have tryed to purchase accessories from my company (Gsm Solutions Ltd.com).

YOU CAN ALSO SEE IMAGES AND SCANS OF CHEQUES AND LETTER ..etc..WHICH WERE SEND TO OUR COMPANY ON THE WEBPAGE I HAVE PUT UP.. CLICK BELOW
http://www.freewebs.com/activedecor

The accessories were ordered by email from a buyer that was located in Nigeria... after a few emails back and forth he/she eventually send an order, we advised we must recieve payment before delivery will commence..then about 2 weeks later in the post we recieved cheque from the buyer,

The buyer sent a cheque to our Dublin office by registered post, as there was no one in our office at that time because it was early in the morning the post man left a collection letter which has to be brought to the local post sorting office.
So i sent an employee to the post office and collected the registered package, when opened inside was a letter and the cheque for the amount of 10164.00 EURO.

Firstly, the package had "Nigerian" postage stamp on it.. but it had a registered sticker from Ireland !!!!this means that although it seemed it was sent from Nigeria.. it was actually sent WITHIN Ireland by registered post.

This seemed very odd.. so on further inspection of the cheque we noticed that it was an Irish cheque from an Irish account held in dublin...

So far we had a cheque sent form a company/person in Nigeria.. but really it was an Irish cheque sent from a person in Ireland.. this person obviusoly had connections in Nigeria as was the delivery address...

With all this in mind, i went to Ulster bank located on o Connell street, Dublin, Ireland.. showed the cheque to the bank manager.. he checked the banks system and found that the cheque belonged to an Irish company that had gone into recivership about 6 months ago.. at that time the cheque book had been canclled/ and then stolen by the person.

So our company nearly got a rip off to the tune of over 10 grand..
I dont think many company around the world are that stupid to send out an order before a cheque clears...
But if the person than sent the cheque was still under the illusion that the cheque was still in use and had not been canclled, therefore we would have lodged the check and it WOULD have cashed, thus we would have sent out the order..
This scam could easily have worked, untill the company that owned the cheque book would have coped on.. there would of been a big fraud investagition leaving our company out of pocket.. as the law is not very clear regarding the payback of sums of money with such fraud..

Well.. thats our story.. hopefull noboby falls into this trap..

Below you will find details of all corrospondence i had with this Nigerian.. this details should help you steer clear of any such scam..

FIRST EMAIL
Samsung T100,A300,A400-------(20pcs)Each

Siemens C35,C45----------------(20pcs)Each

MAIN CHARGER

Nokia Series-----------------(50pcs)

Samsung A300,A800,V200- (20pcs)Each

Motorola V50,V66-----------(20pcs)Each

BATTERIES

Nokia 2100,3310,7210,8210-------------(20pcs)Each

Samsung S100,V200,A300,A800,S300---(20pcs)Each

Siemens C35,C45-------------------------(20pcs)Each

Sony J70 -----------------------------(20pcs)Each

Please,calculate the total cost of our order including the cost of Air-freight (C+F).And send the p/invoice for our approval.

Looking forward to your earlist reply.

Thanks and best regards.

Your Faithfully,

J.Philip.

SECOND EMAIL
From james philip <[email protected]>
Sent Tuesday, June 8, 2004 11:27 pm
To Gsm Solutions Ltd <[email protected]>
Cc
Bcc
Subject Re: Trial Order

Dear Sir,

With appreciaton we confirm the receipt of your recent e-mail.

We are ungently looking forward to receive your invoice covering our total order.

Thanks and best regards,

J.Philip.

OTHER SCAM DETAILS..NAMES USED, ADDRESSES ..etc..etc..

Japhline Investment
Dealers & Suppliers of Computers, Cameras, Electronics, Telephone & Accessories.

52 Bamgbose Street,
Tinubu Square,
Lagos Island,
Lagos,
Nigeria
Tel: 234-80-37136761
Fax: 234-01-4726306
E-mail: [email protected]
Name: James Philip

Mr R. Balogan
2c Hoganbassey Crescent,
Suru-Lere,
Yaba,
Lagos State,
Nigeria

Cheque Details

Ulster Bank
Dorset Street,
Dublin 1
Ireland

Account Name: Moorview Developments Limited
Account Number: 24671003

Salami1_1
03-07-2004, 01:12 AM
there are so many of those..

you have to be real stupid to fall for those :P

I have had some real creative story's though :)
Beeing a send away king with xxx million dollars and so on..

WBR

momagic
03-07-2004, 02:15 PM
bloody scammers! :-x

gsmsolutionsltd
03-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Well thats life.. most people are not that stupid.. pity the few who are!!