PDA

View Full Version : T 300 how to remove...

Mayhem_pl
04-07-2004, 02:51 PM
how to remove defined elements from memory for example small pictures which are completely useless. I would also like to remove some sounds beacuse I have no more space for other things like my photos... or sometimes i can't even see my mms due to the lack of memory....

If u were so nice to help me or give links I would be very very grateful.

:-?

tzeonn
10-07-2004, 09:56 PM
i do not tink u could delete predefined items, since they are part of firmware. ( pardon me if im wrong )

anyway, i dun tink u could free up mem deleting stuff from firmware.

johnboyrover
11-07-2004, 05:27 AM
Three things you could try
1) Attach with A data cable to pc and use windows explorer(or similar) to delete files, it won't do them all but should do most pictures

2) If it's a game or a tone you want rid of send the same file to the phone, it will ask if you want to overwrite, say yes and try deleting it afterwards.

3)This is slightly more complicated, but it works on the t610 so it might work on a T300.
Reset the phone settings (backup contacts) and set only a basic color theme, then deactivate the screensaver,wallpaper,and welcome image.

Go to the Games menu and select a game. Click More and go to the memorystatus screen.

Now you'll have to fill up the phones memory completly. I created a large file in notepad, named it test1.thm and transfered it to the phone. Then I renamed it, adjusted the size and send it again and again and again...
...until it said Free memory: 0kb. Then I transfered a 1 byte file a couple of times just to be sure it was completely full.

Now open the My pictures folder. The phone will try to create thumbnails of the pre-stored pictures but will fail since there's no memory left. Just click OK to the error message and then the backbutton. Do this until all pictures has an 'X' as a thumbnail exept the flower, clock and the vodafone animation. These will have a hourglass instead.

Go to the phonebook. Create a contact named 'X' and try to assign a picture to it. I started with the animation.
When you select a picture the phone will say something like 'Unable to open picture. Delete?'. Just choose Yes and the picture is gone.
Then select the next picture and so on.

When all the pictures are gone, reactivate the background, screensaver, auto keylock and set the welcome message to standard. Restart the phone and your done.

some of this may not apply to a t300 or may be slightly different but the basic premise should be the same.

Good luck

sascuas
23-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Try the 12.5 or 13 seconds trick, I have do it 2 times in a T300 and work. This erase the predefined items (games, sounds and pictures)

To do it, goto settings --> master reset --> reset all, it will then ask you to enter your security code. as you finish entering the code count 12.5 or 13 seconds and remove the battery quickly.
Later wait 30 seconds.
Reboot the phone, it may take 30 or 60 seconds.
If you have the predefined items again, try other time.

If you make a complete master reset, you have again all the predefined items.

good luck :)

sorry my poor english, i´m spanish

johnboyrover
24-07-2004, 07:14 PM
The trick does work,
but it's risky to remove the battery on a T610 when it's on,
as you could mess up the flash memory.

Give it a go if it's still under warranty,
but if it's not and you mess it up,
you'll be left with an expensive sony ericsson paperweight.