PDA

View Full Version : C60 ver.23 - Boot file is not accepted

Boost
05-07-2004, 03:30 AM
After a try on JAVA trick I backed up my bootcore with function 1 (backup bootcore). I also have a copy on the computer. I did use also function 2(patch bootcore). It is patched successfully. My phone is still alive. I start freia 15 and did 'Write Flash', open the FLS file by Igor UA, check 'bootcore' and click OK. Freia gives me very fast: 'closes console application at once' at the end of few other messages. No action anymore. Do I have to press 'Power' (It didn't ask for it)? Does the phone had to be ON maybe?

After that I try to read flash - EEPROM (mobile OFF). Freia ask for 'Power', I power it and then follows the message: boot file is not accepted.

What's wrong? Phone C60 - v.23. Try already two phones. The same result. There is people, who did it successfully - how?
BTW how can I upload back my backup of bootcore?
:-?
Thanks for any solution!

karouk
20-08-2004, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=Boost]After a try on JAVA trick I backed up my bootcore with function 1 (backup bootcore). I also have a copy on the computer. I did use also function 2(patch bootcore). It is patched successfully. My phone is still alive. I start freia 15 and did 'Write Flash', open the FLS file by Igor UA, check 'bootcore' and click OK. Freia gives me very fast: 'closes console application at once' at the end of few other messages. No action anymore. Do I have to press 'Power' (It didn't ask for it)? Does the phone had to be ON maybe?

After that I try to read flash - EEPROM (mobile OFF). Freia ask for 'Power', I power it and then follows the message: boot file is not accepted.

What's wrong? Phone C60 - v.23. Try already two phones. The same result. There is people, who did it successfully - how?
BTW how can I upload back my backup of bootcore?

i have a same problem on c60 if you found the way please tell me i have a big problem on that phone.
even i dont have flash v.23 if you can send me that you rae such a gentelman [email protected] ICQ 275 571 978

thanks in advanc

Boost
20-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi,

I solved the problem long time ago, almost next day after I published this question. I was not in the forum since then. I almost forgot about it, but I've got these private questions - I'll try to explain how I did it.

You need to start the Siemens "Data Exchange Software" with the C60 connected to the PC. Then you simply copy the folder 'px5amd' (from the file 'px5amdv1.zip') into the phone. Start the Java applet, enter 39116, then choose function 2 (patch bootcore) - the phone turnes OFF itself. Then you start Freia 10 (or above). The phone must be OFF. You MUST check the 'Patchet bootcore' under 'Boot type' in the 'Configuration functions' menu. I beleave that you have to chose C60 from the phone menu (This is something I do not quite remember, so if it doesn't work, choose C60 Boot). Then open 'Write Flash' menu, choose '... bootcore by Igor UA', then check 'Bootcore' and OK. The program wait to press the phone's ON button and then flashes the phone. You go to 'Unlocking functions' menu and check 'Direct unlock no map is saved', then OK. The program waits once again for ON button press, then the phone is ready. Now you can optional flash the phone back with your 'Original bootcore' and then delete the Java applet folder from the phone. This way no one can understand what you did with the phone. Good luck !!! :grin:

Humsaga
08-09-2004, 10:09 AM
What about when it(C60) is already dead how do you use the java trick ?

Alinus
08-09-2004, 09:13 PM
this one u must make TP or use original martech

gorasiberia
22-09-2004, 09:58 PM
If c60 is already dead you MUST do Test Point and same Freia should be enough.