PDA

View Full Version : Macromedia Flash Lite 1.1

TWolf
05-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Today, Macromedia announced an updated version of the Flash Lite players. This release addresses major issues developers pointed out with the first release.
The update offers several new, important features such as direct access to phone-specific features such as signal strength, measuring battery level, sending SMS and dailing numbers from Actionscript. Loading movies and vaiables is also possible. FlashLite 1.1 adds support for more audio formats, embedded fonts, better input, streaming sound and also features playback of SVG Tiny. The latter is a small sensation since it's the first official support of the SVG format from Macromedia. Macromedia has never been negative towards SVG, they've just not seen the need for it on the desktop since Flash is so dominating. Apparently, they are now thinking otherwise about the mobile market. All in all, this release addresses all the major issues developers pointed out with the first release. Official Macromedia comments from Juha Christensen here.

The Flash Lite Players aren't something you can download and install yourself, but they are rather available for service providers and handset manufacturers. To use the player, you'll need a special SDK license. Authoring content is however done using the ordinary Flash MX04 IDE.

links:
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/logged_in/tevans_flashlite.html
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1617688,00.asp
http://www.macromedia.com/go/flashlite

Can anyone get the player for nokia series 60?
:(

mik4e
10-01-2005, 07:36 AM
read your PM ...

TWolf
10-01-2005, 10:10 AM
as requested in you PM, heres a test i made for a flash theme:
http://home.ripway.com/2004-10/195468/flash/menus05.swf

directional keys, 5 to open folders and execute apps, 7 to go back a folder, * to change background color and # to change icon theme, only 3 themes at the moment...

mik4e
10-01-2005, 10:25 AM
as requested in you PM, heres a test i made for a flash theme:
http://home.ripway.com/2004-10/195468/flash/menus05.swf

directional keys, 5 to open folders and execute apps, 7 to go back a folder, * to change background color and # to change icon theme, only 3 themes at the moment...

i must say this !!!! WOWWWWW !!!!! :-o :-o

that was freakinly NICE !!! Love the # and * key more than ever !! it made the menu seems a lot more interactive !!!!

would like to comment a little though, some of the apps/folder name overlap each others. It would be great if u include a main page as well. Apart from that, i would like to say its brilliant !!!!

PS: Do you have an english version :lol: :lol: me dont understand most of the apps/folder name hahah

TWolf
10-01-2005, 02:51 PM
well...that's just a test...
i was working on that to make some sort of brand new UI but i was delayed because of christmas vacations and now i have a ton of work...so i guess someone else will do it before me..hehehe

i was thinking of more interaction with the phone like...

- another sort of menu, one that you could rotate in a 3d way (not 3d icons, that would be too slow and heavy, just a 3d rotation of the menu itself, besides there no "real" 3d in flash yet)
- a brand new dialer with real phone sounds (so that you could use them in phonebooths, i did that already)
- wallpaper changer that is actually easy to use (would only work with .jpg extensions though)
- time, battery and network signals way diferent across the wallpaper or even part of it... something like this logo ((<15:88>))
- an easy way to change flash icon packs (done that, but not finished, the icons can be recalled from .swf apart with a simple code change, and names can be renamed in a .txt file, but dont now how to rename them when already inside the phone...)
- easy shortcuts, for whatever you want
- auto-create icons for programs already installed in ?:\system\apps\ (have no clue how to do that without DOS batch files) with a small manager to rename and choose another icon
- language support (.txt file or some way to read the .rsc files)
- folder explorer and paint embebed in this flash OS (i wish, lol)
- a new contact manager (have no clue how to do that)
- a new message manager with contact picture (have no clue how to do that)

anyways...the ideia is good, but flash being so slow and taking up so much battery, i find it a bit useless the efford for something that i wouldnt use, i consider the battery power very low for a normal use, let alone with flash running on the background.

So, sorry, not worth the trouble... :(

shad0w
10-01-2005, 04:19 PM
wow twolf! I must say u've got it all, 1st the icons and now the themes...bummer we have to be limited with the battery life. :x This would be a good news for s60 users...oh well...

anyway regarding the flash lite player, can we export flash games directly on our fone once the lite player is installed? I've heard that conversion must take place though prior transfering the swf file, and I don't know a thing regarding flash files...hope some tutorial would come up in converting flash games so as to be compatible on our fones...most flash games are very good and would be nice if we could put it in our fone...(just a tought)

TWolf
10-01-2005, 10:14 PM
no, flash lite only "recognises" mainly flash 4 content.
all the other swf simple stop to run once they encounter flash 5, mx or mx 2004 action script.
:(

tzeonn
11-01-2005, 03:06 PM
thread moved.

TWolf
13-01-2005, 07:25 PM
I have ghatered a small list based on several examples...dot ask me how to make them work, if you dont know flash programming, learn.

::flash start commands::
fscommand2("FullScreen", true);
fscommand2("SetQuality", "high");

::network check::
SignalLevel = FSCommand2( "GetSignalLevel" )

::charging check::
PowerSource = FSCommand2( "GetPowerSource" )

::batery check::
BatteryLevel = FSCommand2( "GetBatteryLevel" )

::time check::
TimeHours = FSCommand2( "GetTimeHours" )
TimeMinutes = FSCommand2( "GetTimeMinutes" )
DateWeekday = FSCommand2( "GetDateWeekday" )
DateYear = FSCommand2( "GetDateYear" )
DateMonth = FSCommand2( "GetDateMonth" )

::open a program::
fscommand( "Launch" , "path_completa_da_aplicação");

::open a file thru a program::
fscommand( "Launch" , "path_completa_da_aplicação,path_completa_do_ficheiro");

::Activate vibration::
FSCommand2("StartVibrate");
FSCommand2("StopVibrate");
Note that not all phone have a vibration mode.

::Making phonecalls::
getURL("tel:1234567");

::sending messages::
getURL("sms:1234567?body=hello");
getURL("mms:1234567?body=happy%20monday");

::erros list "Problem with content::
1 Out of memory
2 Stack limit reached
3 Corrupt SWF data
4 ActionScript stuck
5 Infinite AS loop
6 Bad JPEG data
7 Bad sound data
8 Cannot find host
9 ActionScript error
10 URL too long

::keypad list::
keyPress "up"
keyPress "down"
keyPress "left"
keyPress "right"
keyPress "enter"
keyPress "0" (from 0 to 9)
keyPress "*"
keyPress "#"
keyPress "pageup" (Softkey right)
keyPress "pagedown" (Softkey left)

vzx
18-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey Guys..

I'm really not into much of falsh programming stuff and did not understand as much as 90% of the stuff mentioned in this post..

All i wanted was to ask anyone out there whether there is a Flash Player for my N-gage?.. i'd really like to have it on my phone..

Thanks
Cheers

ahmed1000
19-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Thanks
Cheers

vzx
19-01-2005, 07:31 AM
I just want to install flash player on my phone.. Anyone got any links?? :-?

TWolf
19-01-2005, 10:21 AM
well...i know dotsis made a cracked version of it for ngage, but i didnt "tested it" because macromedia sent me the real deal...
:/

mik4e
20-01-2005, 09:21 AM
well...i know dotsis made a cracked version of it for ngage, but i didnt "tested it" because macromedia sent me the real deal...
:/

i tested the dotsis version. It only worked partially. It was able to display the 1st page of the flash. Thats it !!

Now using the real deal macromedia sent :D

orfe
14-02-2005, 02:12 PM
I've just installed FlashLite 1.1 on my phone but it seems to be the player (it asks me to load a movie!).Is it normal??!!!!I want the flahLite which change the icons, the menus, and supports mp3!!!!Is it the good version that I have??Thanx.

orfe
15-02-2005, 08:46 PM
nobody knows if there a difference between flashplayer and flashlite?!!! :-?

uten
22-02-2005, 07:20 AM
flash player v4 or v5 or v6 or whatever is for the desktop computer.

flashlite 1.1 player is for mobile phones. some features are disabled, like dragging of movieclips. this is done because there's no mouse device in most series 60 phones.

in order to create flash content for mobile phones, you need Flash MX 2004 Pro.. but you have to code it in Flash 4 scripting. quite a difficult thing to do.

:)

orfe
22-02-2005, 11:19 AM
ok, thanks Uten!And since Nokia has signed a license agreement with macromedia (14 february 2005) to bring macromedia flash technology to their series 60 platform, do you know where can we find flash content for mobile phones?

Mashang
29-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I have been working with flash for the last 3 years since i can remember and would be more than glad to tart programming stuff for mobile sets .. but i cant seem to get the flash playe for my 6600 .. Have tried the macromedia website and all theysay is what its going to do .. any idea where i can find the actual sis file ?!
and how can we develope flash menu system .. there is so much to do with flash i am more than glad it came to my new phone!

BizzyRok
06-12-2005, 08:23 PM
I never got 2 flash vids I downloaded working with this. It didnt even find the file. I opened it with fileman and still didnt work giving me error 3. I tried mobiclip but to no avail.

Iceman5
07-12-2005, 02:06 AM
That's right. This is for making flash menus for symbian. Unfortunatly it's not made for playing flashmoves :( It's a shame though. That would have been awesome.

BizzyRok
07-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Ah crap. I used Magic swf2avi and converted it. The sound is out of sync. I converted it to smartmovie it is still out of sync even though I tried adjusting the audio preroll time. It didnt change the slighteset. Any suggestions please?

mp1173
10-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Can someone download Flash Lite 2.0 for N70 for me please....

snnmax86
11-10-2006, 12:11 PM
plz send me sysiconz applications to me cause i have seaching this for a LONG LONG LONG time plzzzzz........:)

andykn
28-04-2007, 04:52 PM
You can download Flash Lite 2.1 from the Adobe\Macromedia website.

You don't need it if you have an N95.

sdefrawi
26-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Given that Michael Jackson is 99% plastic, he will be melted down into lego blocks so little kids can play with him for a change...

anatolian
20-09-2011, 12:40 PM
thanks for sharing