PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on the best "universal" box to try...

Eyeball97
07-07-2004, 02:08 PM
I've been trawling through various web sites since my buddy came to visit with his phone from the UK, and we needed to unlock it so he could use it here while he's visiting. I'm in Africa, so it's not easy to get hold of hardware or whatever. Fortunately it was a Nokia and I was able to unlock it with codes only, once I figured out how.

This happens all the time, here. Phones needing unlocked with people visiting from abroad, and phones needing flash upgrades (latest version, etc - you know how people like to keep up to date with the latest goodies). "The latest" phones are very popular here even though none of the providers are even 2.5g yet - they're all 2g...

Anyway, I digress

What I need, is some of you more experienced people to help me select a universal box. Of all the ones I've seen, they're far from universal without buying a truckload of "add-ons". Some will flash but not unlock, some do some phones and not others, etc.

I'm looking for (without going daft buying the "Rolls Royce" of everything and making it cost prohibitive) the most cost effective/universal solution I can find, with a view to starting a little pocket money business here...

I'm sure a short thread with a list of the experienced out there's favourite gear would be useful to many people in this forum...

Thanks & regards

Eye

Eyeball97
10-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Hmmm... is everybody asleep in here?

I'm still looking for advice on the best/most "universal" all-rounder

Come on guys, what's everybody's favourite box?

I'm leaning towards the Griffin with whatever add-ons it needs to make it pretty much universal for flashing/unlocking, I figure they're one of the best for hardware and assume they're good on getting updates like new Nokia firmware etc out to their registered users?

I'd much appreciate the experts' advice of this forum, don't want to lay down a pile of cash them find the first guy to walk into the shop with a phone's, one of the ones it *won't* do... :-)

Thanks & regards

Eye

unlockclips.com
01-08-2004, 04:13 PM
The Griffin box is a very good all round device. we have been using them for many years and can also supply them. You have the nokia unlocking and flashing, sony ericsson unlocking and flashing. Siemens unlocker, Gd55, G50, Gd87, Gd67, G50, maxon, vitel, siemens c62, sharp g10/gx20, st55, sendo and also with a logger account Gx30, Tm100, Lg c1100 and 1200, New version G50/55, panasonic x60, panasonic x70, O2 x1 etc.

It is a good all round device, although you may need to consider something like a smartclip to cover you on the Motorola phones. But you never find one device that does it all i am afraid.

WBR

Unlockclips