PDA

View Full Version : Uploading Ringtones

blue_smartieau
23-09-2002, 11:45 AM
Can Anybody Tell Me how to upload ringtones to a Nokia 5110 if its actually possible, either post it here or email me. I'd love to have some interesting tones for once.:rolleyes: anyways. if you can help me thanks!

Liam
23-09-2002, 12:42 PM
Search the forums for these subjects

PPM Edit
PPM Manager
Flashtone 2.10
RTTTL to RE

I am sure you will find topics here that cover your question.

blue_smartieau
29-09-2002, 12:09 AM
OK, i got flashtone, but how do i actually upload the tones, i've got the ringtones saved in a file, but i cant figure out how to upload? do i need any other software?:o

Liam
29-09-2002, 08:43 AM
open your 5110 COPY OF YOUR BACKUP into flashtone

(read your 5110 flash file with Rolis Flasher 4.78 build 6 to make a backup. then make a copy of the backup incase you mess your phone)

in the type menu, select ringtone, in the drop down menu, delete any of the tones you dont like that are currently in your phone. This will make space for new ringtones.

Then in the file menu chose open tone and select the rttl ringtone files.

When your done, save the file file, then open it in PPM Manager and chose in the menu to update PPM CRCs

Flash it back to your phone with Flasher 4.78 build 6 and use Knok to update the FAID.

This should work and you will have tones on your phone.

When you have this far, and you have working tones, I'll tell you of another method that can sometimes get better sounding tones than Flashtone provides.

Regards

Sinister Frog
01-10-2002, 09:16 PM
@liam
can u plz pm me about the better sounding tones?