PDA

View Full Version : dragonfire

reficul_x
09-07-2004, 10:05 AM
not too bad a game here. i dl it and tried on my 6600. well jus a personal opinion. it look like an imitation version of might and magic. hehehe

any other good startegy, rpg games to recommend? i mean new ones...

v7e6j5
09-07-2004, 12:47 PM
The game is great, i normally would not play role playing games 4 along time. Some bore me almost 2 death, but this 1 well i can play 4ever.

sirpaul1
09-07-2004, 01:10 PM
I think I'll have to give this a go I remember the old might and magic series, used to be kind of addicted to that game on my megadrive

v7e6j5
10-07-2004, 12:57 AM
I think I'll have to give this a go I remember the old might and magic series, used to be kind of addicted to that game on my megadrive

Yo Sirpaul1! U will want this game, trust me it is slamming in my book. And i'm not in2 RPG, but this 1 i can stay on it 4ever.

reficul_x
12-07-2004, 10:03 AM
yeah, quite a good game (with a ultra lame name though...)

btw, me doing a self-thought cheat in the game for more money!

in case u r wondering, jus go to the tavern and choose to gamble. sure, u may lose some money at first but in the end, u always win back some.

there are instances where u lose more money than u start out with so jus load ur game and save ur game when u win several bouts. good luck!

@v7e6j5: very nice and cute avatar u got there! :-)

sirpaul1
12-07-2004, 10:51 AM
I've just downloaded dragonfire now so once my battery is charged I can begin my adventure in style, cheating.

evobit
12-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Gambling is good when you're starting out, but once you get some experience by defeating animals etc, it's much faster to go out and fight to make money. Just gamble to make up for any losses incurred in the fight (20 for food and 30 for mind heal if required), and you'll always make money!

gophermaster
12-07-2004, 12:13 PM
Hmm... I might give this game a go...

sirpaul1
12-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Seems just like might and magic, like reficul_x said. Unfortunately I've not gottimeto really play the game today.

Seddoc36
12-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Quite a good game, well worth the download.
Finished it this weekend.

Get yourselves into the desert 8-)

Cheers
Seddoc36 :)

sirpaul1
12-07-2004, 01:28 PM
What's in the desert?

Seddoc36
12-07-2004, 02:06 PM
It's the ending bit.
Not giving owt away though.

One thing I couldn't work out, is how to change your spells.
You can buy like 5 or 6 different spells, but only one appears in battle. (Heal)
This was the first one I bought and when I got it, fair enough it appeared in battle, but after that I bought a few more, in my inventory it said I owned them, but I couldn't work out how to change.
Anyone any ideas ???

Cheers

Judicator
12-07-2004, 05:38 PM
It's the ending bit.
Not giving owt away though.

One thing I couldn't work out, is how to change your spells.
You can buy like 5 or 6 different spells, but only one appears in battle. (Heal)
This was the first one I bought and when I got it, fair enough it appeared in battle, but after that I bought a few more, in my inventory it said I owned them, but I couldn't work out how to change.
Anyone any ideas ???

Cheers

Hi! ;)

I found out by chance:
You have to mark the spell in battle and then press the left softkey to switch between the other ones...

Have fun! :)

reficul_x
13-07-2004, 06:39 AM
yeah, its kinda fun... but really sad that its kinda a short game for an rpg. just too bad that the might and magic doesnt work on the picodrive due to the lack of backup battery which the cartridge have. sad.

well the gamble is useful when u cant seem to beat any stronger monster in the game and u are kinda stucked. well at least it cheated me a broad sword and a decent plate mail.... (in the swamp, there are much stronger weapons and armour! woah!)

those if u who love rpg got to gif this a try! its really decent, i'll gif it 7.5 out of 10. (being skyforce 8 outta 10 :-P)

Neophyte88
13-07-2004, 06:52 AM
so there is only one shop in the game??? i mean i keep going back aaall the way to the town for pots...

i have all the weapons/armor and 6349 gold... can't spend it anywhere

reficul_x
13-07-2004, 09:49 AM
hahaha, NO!!!

there are *spoiler here* 3 shops in total.

btw, skip the shop at the swamp...its kinda useless... get the shop at the desert, if u can make it...

the golden plate mail, u can get it easily at the pyramid near the edge (right) and jus keep going down and u can see the lich's stuff and the golden plate...dun think u can buy the golden plate.

btw, dun bother getting broad sword, the blade is the most powerful version of the sword family. (ie. golden blade)

btw, the only spell that is good is the good ol cure spell...the rest is crap. cure serious is only good to have.

Neophyte88
13-07-2004, 06:26 PM
hahaha, NO!!!

there are *spoiler here* 3 shops in total.

thnx, and thnx again for adding ** SPOILER ** it kept me from reading it wich had destroyed all the fun

fire-at-will
14-07-2004, 05:51 PM
i cant get this game to install on my ngage.....i keep getting the memory low error. i dont know how, but somethings taking up like 2Mb of my C: and i dont know what, i've nothing installed on there, and no pictures or anything! i realy wanna play this game! help! :-?

sirpaul1
14-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Have you ever had mobil girl on your ngage, because the girls stored in the message folder used to play havoc with my phone memory?

fire-at-will
15-07-2004, 01:15 AM
no :s i just dont know what it is thats takin up so much space.

memory details of device memory is listed as:
638b - calendar
47kb - contacts
366b - documents
20kb - messages
200kb - images (although these must be the default ones unless i have some hidden somewere
0b - video clips
0b - applications
2799kb - memory in use :-?
leaves me with 1294kb free, which obviously isnt enough to get the game installed.

:-? :-? :-? :-?

v7e6j5
15-07-2004, 01:29 AM
Damn!!! I don't know what ur doing but i have 3340kb on my device memory. I have almost everything from messages, images/wallpapers, & ringtones on my mmc. Except my contacts which is 35kb on my device memory, calendar is 365kb also on my device memory.

fire-at-will
15-07-2004, 02:50 AM
exactly, so what could it be thats taking up all this room on my device mem?

i really havnt any idea

any suggestions?

i cant even use fexplorer to root around, because i really dont know what i'm looking for! :-?

v7e6j5
15-07-2004, 03:06 AM
exactly, so what could it be thats taking up all this room on my device mem?

i really havnt any idea

any suggestions?

i cant even use fexplorer to root around, because i really dont know what i'm looking for! :-?

First how big is ur mmc. U gonna need a bigger mmc something like a 256, 512 or a 1gb will do. I can tell u right now that ur 638kb-calendar is 1 of the biggest problems, 366kb-documents is another & 200kb-images well that's another. If u don't need 2 use ur calendar then don't. Documents well that's a tricky 1 some1 else might know that, images sh*t this 1 is easy put on ur mmc 4 sure. Put all games on the mmc, unless there 4 the phone memory only. Remember the less u put on the phone memory the better.

fire-at-will
15-07-2004, 03:32 PM
i have a 256Mb mmc, and like i've said, i havnt put anything on my phone mem, i dont know whats taking up so much room!

Seddoc36
15-07-2004, 06:17 PM
I had the same problem, running out of memory.
Use the UnSis program or whatever it is called to split the sis up into files, and then drag the files on to your MMC like you would with the 'gage games.

Only way I could get it on.

Cheers

Judicator
16-07-2004, 05:12 PM
dun think u can buy the golden plate.

*SPOILER* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course you can! You can buy both: golden blade and golden plate armor in the shop in the dessert, just visit it more often! :)

But you can get those 2 items without buying too..... one in a quest and one as reficul said above...

v7e6j5
17-07-2004, 01:12 AM
i have a 256Mb mmc, and like i've said, i havnt put anything on my phone mem, i dont know whats taking up so much room!

I just don't know. I don't have any more advise 2 give u.

gophermaster
17-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Maybe all the savegames and whatnot... but I doubt it.

v7e6j5
17-07-2004, 03:42 PM
I truely just don't know. I know that now u can have ur text alerts go 2 ur mmc using a special app. Instead of them going 2 ur phone memory. That would solve a small problem of less memory on ur phone. Fire-At-Will...