PDA

View Full Version : Codes for T630?

tzeonn
10-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Wat codes to key for firmware and other stuff? like *#06# is for imei.

thanks 8-)

johnboyrover
10-07-2004, 07:34 PM
For the service menu just Press > * < < * < *

tzeonn
10-07-2004, 09:47 PM
ar thanks, i wanted that code.

any more codes anyone else knows?

i rem last time, i used to have t68m, entering *#05# was kinda lame, hehe.

johnboyrover
11-07-2004, 02:59 AM
Not a code I know,
but handy if you hate the internet shortcut button on the side and would prefer it to do something else.

Instead of going to messaging -> text -> write new. I read about a way to write SMS with a press of a button.

First go to Connectivity -> Wap Profiles -> highlight "Your WAP profile, whichever one you usually use" -> edit -> advanced -> change homepage -> change URL to "mailto:" then press OK.

Go back to the main screen and when you press the quick WAP button or left joystick you'll be able to write SMS way quicker

tzeonn
11-07-2004, 03:04 AM
nice tip mate ;)

(thou pressing left will let me write a new sms)

ps. nice tip to prevent going to wap unneccessarily :D

johnboyrover
11-07-2004, 03:09 AM
Here are some more things you can do, You may know some already

Camera - If you want to disable the "click" sound when taking pictures, set the phone to silent mode.

Quick Delete - Press the "C" button anywhere (while reading SMS, call list, viewing pics/ringtones etc) and it will prompt you for delete. No need to press "More", scroll down and down and press delete anymore.

Left Joystick - You can set your left joystick to bring up your Shortcut menu. Go to shortcuts -> edit shortcuts -> select accessories or other items that are not used or invalid (in your shortcut menu, the first item should be greyed out).

-* and you'll get a smooching smiley for sms. you don't see this in the Insert Symbol menu.

-holding onto the # in the standby screen brings up the screensaver

in the edit info screen for a contact
if you highlight a number (mobile, home, etc)

and press
* + 1 = cut
* + 2 = copy
* + 3 = paste

so you can copy/paste numbers around in that contact. this also works for t39 and T68m/i too.

-Move you joystick up or down to increase or decrease lighting when taking pics.

Joystick right to access main menu and then keys 1 thru # to jump to the corresponding item ie

# = settings
1 = SE website
3 = shortcuts

etc...

When in camera mode

press 1 to switch between small/large photo sizes
press 2 to turn night mode on/off
press 3 to *cycle* through the phot effects
press 4 to turn self-timer on/off

^ newer firmwares only

Press and hold 'C' during a call for MUTE

This is how to make some improvements in you calls-list

First, make sure your calls-list is full (30 numbers), and has a mixture of both called, miss and recieved calls.

Then, pick any number from the calls-list, and choose "edit before dialing" (or whatever it says, I have swedish language).

Now, remove all digits by pressing C. Then press and hold 0 to get a + and then dial.

Your phone will now dial, but it won't work and it will hang up after a while. Now, if it has worked, you will have an empty entry at the bottom of your calls-list.

This gives the following changes
1. The first number on the list will be the last call, and not the last MADE call (or whatever it was) as it was before.
2. If your friend calls you, let's say twice one day, both calls will be shown, instead of only the latest.

If you want to remove these features, just remove the empty post at the bottom of the calls-list.

tzeonn
11-07-2004, 03:17 AM
ar, amazing!!!

thanks for sharing!

i used to owe a t68, so i went to esato and knew some of the stuff u mentioned. but i recently got the t630 (48 hrs old) and forgot clean bout ericsson, hehehe.....

thanks again! ;)