PDA

View Full Version : 3650 text messaging shortcuts?

dlovelady
12-07-2004, 07:39 AM
I recently began using text messaging and AOL-Instant-Messenger on my Nokia 3650. I was amazed to see that this phone has no predictive text function, and no text shortcuts (such as "convert ur to your..."). On my 2-way pager (which the company is eliminating), I'm used to those features, and I'd love to have same to increase the usability of the 3650 for "texting."

I've searched this site, Nokia, and even Google without success for such a plugin or application or whatever for the 3650. Is this just not doable, or is it maybe available but my un-nimble fingers aren't finding it?????

Feedback appreciated.
Dennis

Musicb0ffin
12-07-2004, 02:02 PM
It does mate!! Press the * key a couple of times to turn it on. I would get rid of mine if it didn't have predictive!!

dlovelady
13-07-2004, 06:43 AM
Thanks for your reply. I am now trying this function, and I don't get it. When I press the * key, I get a "Select symbol" dialog. Pressing * again has no obvious effect. I tried # too, just on the off chance that this was a mistype, but no joy.

You have encouraged me, but I still don't understand. Sorry..... :-?

I should point out that at the moment I'm trying this while entering a text message. Cursor is in the text section, with a couple of characters typed.

dlovelady
13-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Sorry to be a nuisance. I discovered it last night. Using the # key a few times, I was able to switch modes to predictive text mode. Pretty fascinating how that works. :-P

Regards,
Dennis

Musicb0ffin
13-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Yeah, sorry... I wasn't looking at my fone when i sed to use the * key. Glad you have found it now.