PDA

View Full Version : Some general questions

DJ Dooms Day
13-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Hi, i have a Nokia 3315 and ive been browsing these forums for awhile now reading this and that but i still have a few unanswered questions.

1. I want to flash my phone to do all those cool things but im a little confused, all i need to flash my Nokia 3315 is a flash cable and Nokix right? I took a quick look on Ebay and some ppl are selling DCT-4 flash cables but i need a DCT-3 cable right? (plus i dont really want to pay $10 + $10PnH)
So i guess i'll have to make one, i saw a schematic thread somewhere but i couldnt find it again. Could someone please show me the way?

2. Can i delete those silly useless logos, pictures and ringtones that come default with the phone? Can i replace them with ones of my choosing?

3. Does the inverting screen color script drain a lot more battery power? I would think so as it would have to light up 3-4 times more screen, plus could that burn it out?

4. ...thats all that has come to mind ATM, thanks.

EDIT - Sorry i just noticed i posted in the wrong part of the forum, i apologies to the mod who has to move it.

pico
13-07-2004, 01:21 PM
1/ to flash u need dct3 flasher and copy of either rolis flasher soft or knok. search those names in google to find your download. u can get flasher scheme in my web www.picogsm.co.uk go developer. there u also find tutorial ojn how to flash your mobile...
2/ yea u can replace standard logos, menu icons and ringtones. to do that u need software such as nokhex (for icons),ringtone manager for factorytones or look for flashtone. this is not so easy as just point and click but u can have fun experimenting :) u can also edityour phones menu structure (add/editmenus) with softwaregenolight search nFree for that.
3/ inverted screen uses no more/less leds. it just turns the black pixels white and the white pixels black.

hope that can help some
br