PDA

View Full Version : 8210 no reception

darrenp1
23-09-2002, 09:59 PM
First of all HELLO just registered to your forum, Ive got an 8210 with no reception can anyone suggest any fixes for it ? Ive tryed the Eeprom tools v3.1 B-Phreaks imei repair function !! It has reacently had a new screen fitted, a battery connector and unlocked, Any one out there help me ?????

thelaw
06-10-2002, 11:16 AM
Did you do a quick set FAID with knok? usually the way i do it is to reset sp locks, then set new imei, then quick set faid, then restart the phone, then quick set faid again, restart again, and bingo!

Try checking the antenna connection behind the mainboard, there is a copper connector at the far top-left of the chassis (looking at it with the board removed. Make sure that this is clean and making contact with the mainboard.

Try going to the setting menu -> phone setting -> network selection -> manual and see whether you get any networks listed.

If the problem persists, you may have a bad RF Amp.

Cheers,
Jon
Redial Online

gorandj
06-10-2002, 07:23 PM
you may have bad antena switch or hagar

mimmy228
10-10-2002, 05:39 AM
I've 1 3310 with no signal, after i changed the PA,Antenna switch and HAGAR ,i managed to get signal BUT only OUTDOOR but INdoor is very very poor.

What is the nest part that i should change or the antenna switch or hagar again???????????

warx
12-10-2002, 10:38 PM
i tried to fix my 3210 from contact service,guess what i fixed it. as a result the signal is gone,will somebody help me......?

gorandj
16-10-2002, 02:20 AM
use this

mak77
18-10-2002, 07:14 AM
I have a similar problem, my 8210 when turned on takes all signal (4 antenna indicators) but after 5 seconds they drop to zero and it doesn't take signale anymore...

Do you think that using a cable and some software can help or it's an hardware failure???

I've tried to open the phone and clean all contacts... when i remount it, it works fine for a day, the day after the problem is there again!

tnx

gorandj
18-10-2002, 10:17 AM
mak
try to heat board with hot air maybe there is unsoldered element

andyandy
22-10-2002, 07:01 PM
I have seen this problem cured by rubbing the metallised back of my 8210 with a felt pen with clear liquid in it,the signal returned straight away,the man said it is caused by getting the phone damp.anyone know what the pen was and who sells them?

markchee
22-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by darrenp1
First of all HELLO just registered to your forum, Ive got an 8210 with no reception can anyone suggest any fixes for it ? Ive tryed the Eeprom tools v3.1 B-Phreaks imei repair function !! It has reacently had a new screen fitted, a battery connector and unlocked, Any one out there help me ?????

Please explain the problems step by step,starting from powering the phone ....what do you see ? any network or gone after a while?you needs describe the situation.

sincerely
mark

bjolly
23-10-2002, 03:19 PM
sound to me like dry joint. reflow should put it right me m8:) :) :)

dio
26-10-2002, 07:02 PM
have the same prolem also.

when you power on the phone, there is full 4 bar for the network, after about 5 sec, drop to 2 bar, another 5 sec drop to no network.

have try to reflow the board but got even worse, now have no network work at all!

have change the Hagger IC, PA, 13Mhz IC, still no network, can anyone help?

Thanks

markchee
28-10-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by dio
have the same prolem also.

when you power on the phone, there is full 4 bar for the network, after about 5 sec, drop to 2 bar, another 5 sec drop to no network.

have try to reflow the board but got even worse, now have no network work at all!

have change the Hagger IC, PA, 13Mhz IC, still no network, can anyone help?

Thanks

What about antt. switch?try it

sincerely
mark

Cathal123
28-10-2002, 05:34 PM
i have an 8210 with the same problem and i need HELP!
would anyone be willing to look at the phone for me.

When i swich on the phone it gets full signal and then drops to none after a couple of seconds. i have tried blowing hot air over the phone's circut and still nothing.

i dont know what the hagar or anything else is or how to repair it, so i would be grateful if someone could help me.

i would be willing to send you the phone if you think you are able to fix it.

please reply to this post with any ideas or mail me

[email protected]

markchee
29-10-2002, 10:12 AM
May we know where on earth youre from?

mark

wesam
29-10-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Cathal123
i have an 8210 with the same problem and i need HELP!
would anyone be willing to look at the phone for me.

When i swich on the phone it gets full signal and then drops to none after a couple of seconds. i have tried blowing hot air over the phone's circut and still nothing.

i dont know what the hagar or anything else is or how to repair it, so i would be grateful if someone could help me.

i would be willing to send you the phone if you think you are able to fix it.

please reply to this post with any ideas or mail me

[email protected]
hi
if you can chang your pa
it's the uper ic on the left (PF103B)
GOODLUCK
Wesam

Cathal123
29-10-2002, 04:47 PM
Im in the UK is anyone willing to take a llok at the phone for me?

dio
29-10-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by markchee

What about antt. switch?try it

sincerely
mark

try that still the same, now no network.
Any more suggestion?

Thanks

wesam
30-10-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by dio

try that still the same, now no network.
Any more suggestion?

Thanks
hi
try to rehot ccont-hagar-cobba with good flux also rehot ram
becarfull and goodluck
please send result
wesam

dio
30-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by wesam

hi
becarfull and goodluck
please send result
wesam

Thanks

will try it out later, let keep you up dated.

Cathal123
31-10-2002, 12:55 AM
I really dont understand any of this rehot/flux ETC! Please is there any1 in the UK who could take a look @ the phone for me!

Thanks in Advance!!!

;-)

dio
01-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by wesam

hi
becarfull and goodluck
please send result
wesam

Now have left with GSM 1800 network,

lost the GSM 900 Network,

anyone any suggestion pls help.

thanks

dio
06-11-2002, 07:38 PM
To All,

Thanks for helping, found the problem.

It is a fualty Hager IC.

Tarantula139
24-12-2002, 06:51 PM
Hi , i am a user of 8210 from italy, my phone have a problem like yours but when i remount it, it works fine for a day .
It's hardware or software problem?

wings
26-12-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Tarantula139
Hi , i am a user of 8210 from italy, my phone have a problem like yours but when i remount it, it works fine for a day .
It's hardware or software problem?

@Tarantula139
LOOK AT THE DATE AND TRY TO OPEN A NEW THREAD FOR YOUR PROBLEM ITS BETTER FOR YOU .
GOOD LUCK

andyandy
04-01-2003, 12:12 PM
I think this is an antenna problem.mine is now working after pushing out the aerial from behind and cleaning it up with metal polish,

wings
04-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by andyandy
I think this is an antenna problem.mine is now working after pushing out the aerial from behind and cleaning it up with metal polish,

ALSO LOOK AT THE DATE .
REGARDS

Big Ted
08-01-2003, 09:36 PM
Found this while looking around, don't know if its BS or if it works, I have 7110 still, which ain't broke at the minute.....so can't test it.

markchee
09-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Big Ted
Found this while looking around, don't know if its BS or if it works, I have 7110 still, which ain't broke at the minute.....so can't test it.

What you mean is removing the antt. swicth then make that jumpers,you will have Network?please advice,thanks

Big Ted
09-01-2003, 06:46 PM
IT is supposed too, according to the picture it says to remove the switch and link out the points.
like i said in my last post I have nothing to test it, If somebody has a broken one then test it, got nothing to loose.

I didn't write it just passing someone else's info on. so don't blame me if it dosn't work & don't praise me if it does.

wings
09-01-2003, 11:05 PM
These pics was been made by me and BCOOL uploaded them to http://www.gsmschwantz.com from 2 month .

and yes its working .

regards