PDA

View Full Version : VB6 Flash analyser

slikmik
23-09-2002, 11:33 PM
Recently been playing around with Visual Basic and ive managed to make a simple program whereby you open a flash file and it searches for the string "V 0" (the Version bit) and then displays the mobile make version number and date etc in a box, pretty lame i know but hey its a start

I want to make it possible to correct all the checksums and find out imei etc

NokFree help with offsests :p but how do you actually pull out of a string the hex at this offset? Im all confused

This Developer forum seems dead but PLEASE if anybody can give some help to a novice programmer i'll be a happy chappy :D

Cheers Guys

Mike

P.S. Find attached my little proggy ;)
TO USE IT RENAME TO "whatever.EXE" AS I COULDNT UPLOAD A ".EXE" EXTENSION AND CANT RUN WINZIP ON BLOODY WINDOWS .NET - SORRY

laleas
24-09-2002, 01:02 AM
It doesn't work for me man. Sorry!:(
I tried it with flash files of 3210, 3310, 3330, 6210, 8210.

Nick

phonedudes
24-09-2002, 09:14 AM
Couldnt get it to work either.... What model and flash version did you test your prog with???

Also not quite sure what your asking.

Are you wanting to know how to write that capability in VB? Or what exactly?

Phonedudes :) :grin: :)

slikmik
24-09-2002, 01:42 PM
I tried it with various MCU+PPM flashes from the download section and it worked fine - shame u cant get it to work :(

All im asking is how in VB6 do you get certain info from a string at a certain offset address - i've read the flash to string called FLASH but how do i pull certain info from the string? for example the imei is at offset whatever and how do i get that info?

I know many people dont like VB6 and prefer C++ but i find vb easy enough to work with...

Any help gratefull

Cheers
Mike

P.s. What error you guys getting? - Itw orks with various flasshes from the download section - like the 3330 and 3350 and 5110 etc

slikmik
24-09-2002, 02:01 PM
Find attached a zip file containing a screen shot and working fls file from the downlaod area - its a 3330 4.50!

:: sunny ::
24-09-2002, 02:30 PM
Only attached file is working ... with that soft ..

i tried 3310,8250,5210 .. didnt show any thing ?

skynet
24-09-2002, 07:59 PM
i dunno why you read the whole thing to a string... but

if you wanna get characters from a string from a certain address then use mid(string, begin, length)

e.g.

FLASH="what is this for"
eg=mid(FLASH,4,5)
msgbox eg

it will show "t is t"

i'm not sure about this, maybe it'll return "at is " coz the first character is the 0th, but as i know vb, the first char is the first, not the 0th

did this answer your question or have i totally misunderstood it?

chenko
26-09-2002, 04:18 PM
the functions to get parts of strings are

mid()
left()
right()

personally i dont like Mid() so i just use a mix of Left(Right()) :p

also, look into the split() function and the instr() (and instrrev() )

these will help you with parsing

slikmik
27-09-2002, 02:46 PM
Cheers for the tips but not exactly what im after...

Okay if i read one character at a time from a flash file

and store it as a STRING and say text1.text = STRING then it should display the entire flash file yes?? Well it doesnt it just displays the text parts like 1234567890 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz etc etc

How would one read the flash one character at a time - convert it to hex and put it in a text box??

Cheers

Mike

slikmik
27-09-2002, 03:11 PM
Hiya! :)

I found this source on net and thought i'd share
Its a very basic Mbus protocol thingy in VB6 - maybe people can build on it, neways lets have fun and see what cool prggys we can make :D

Have fun

Mike

chenko
30-09-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by slikmik
Cheers for the tips but not exactly what im after...

Okay if i read one character at a time from a flash file

and store it as a STRING and say text1.text = STRING then it should display the entire flash file yes?? Well it doesnt it just displays the text parts like 1234567890 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz etc etc

How would one read the flash one character at a time - convert it to hex and put it in a text box??

Cheers

Mike

are you reading it in using binary or ASCII? also, when you read a line, use "Line Input #filenum, sBuffer" instead of just Input (Input has a character limit per line)

for spliting the file (or any string) down into single characters, use this function, it returns an array with each character (including vbCrLf and spaces etc) in each position

Public Function CharList(sData As Variant) As Variant
Dim vCharList()
Dim FileLen

FileLen = Len(sData)
ReDim vCharList(FileLen - 1)

For i = 0 To FileLen - 1
vCharList(i) = Right(Left(sData, i + 1), 1)
Next i
CharList = vCharList
End Function

Liam
30-09-2002, 09:21 AM
TO USE IT RENAME TO "whatever.EXE" AS I COULDNT UPLOAD A ".EXE" EXTENSION AND CANT RUN WINZIP ON BLOODY WINDOWS .NET - SORRY

Install Compressed Folders if it isnt already, right click then send to -> add to compressed folder

that makes zip files

I too have windows .net (is your legit? ;) I am on beta list :D)

slikmik
30-09-2002, 03:34 PM
Cheers for that info about zipping on .net

But ive gotten rid of it and back to win2k cos its me favourite :D

Legit? Ofcourse not ;) lol

Mike

mrbig4545
06-10-2002, 01:22 PM
Mike your silly, it was ligit as im on the beta test list, and i can install it on 10 pc's.

Silly Billy:D :D :D

Mark

china_pda
02-11-2002, 01:36 AM
Hiya! :)

I found this source on net and thought i'd share
Its a very basic Mbus protocol thingy in VB6 - maybe people can build on it, neways lets have fun and see what cool prggys we can make :D

Have fun

Mike

thank you very much, that is needed!