PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6230 problems....

GuffWHU
15-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Basically, I want to get a few MP3s onto my 6230 to use as ringtones, I already have a 32mb MMC card.

I bought a cheap DKU-2 cable off Ebay, have downloaded the drivers and PC suite 5.8 from my CD that came with the phone, but PC suite says "No phone connected" when i put the cable into the USB port.

I use Windows ME, is it a problem of compatability or is it because I bought a cheap dodgy DKU-2 Cable?

Cheers in advance

emu11
17-07-2004, 03:51 AM
Firstly, is PC suite set up to use cable connectivity? Make sure its not expecting bluetooth or IR

I'm not an expert on these things, so I stand to be corrected, but I think you need to install the drivers first, then PC suite, which you may have already done. Try removing both and then reinstalling them. Nokia also has a free registry cleaner on their website.

thirdlly, its possible you have a dodgy cable

JCAdams
23-07-2004, 06:28 AM
Basically, I want to get a few MP3s onto my 6230 to use as ringtones, I already have a 32mb MMC card.

I bought a cheap DKU-2 cable off Ebay, have downloaded the drivers and PC suite 5.8 from my CD that came with the phone, but PC suite says "No phone connected" when i put the cable into the USB port.

I use Windows ME, is it a problem of compatability or is it because I bought a cheap dodgy DKU-2 Cable?

Cheers in advance

When you connect the USB cable into the phone does the phone display say "Data enhancement connected"? this would be a good indication to weather the cable is working. If the phone does recognize the cable then sounds like you may have a software problem.
I'm on my second cable now, my first cable only lasted like 4 weeks, the quality isnt fantastic. Good luck

jay2smooth
23-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Hi mate I purchased my DKU-2 cable from Ebay,,the driver disk was use less! So I downloaded the proper drivers from here http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,4...&languageId=%23

I would uninstall Pc suite.. then start from scratch...Save the drivers to your desktop..then plug the cable in the USB port on Pc then install the drivers it keeps saying found Nokia 6230 but persavere and it will install no problem, then plug your phone in whilst it is switched on.. then it should say " Data Enhancement Connected" then that bit is ok!

Restart Pc then install Pc Suite.. then click on the Conection Manger window then choose the last Icon the USB one, then start up Pc suite then you will be connected!

I also use infraRed adaptor from Ebay also that works a treat, the easy thing to do is buy a Card reader for your Pc then put your MMC in that and copy .mp3's, pics, videos, straight on to it!

Hope this helps.

Jay

Solar1919
23-07-2004, 04:33 PM

Cheers in advance

So guff does it now work? I'll be purchasin a cable as well from ebay I want to know if it works...

kaety
22-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Hi,

Just went through the same thing with bluetooth and connecting..
Best advice I got was.. To upgrade nokia suite to latest available .. AND make sure you have the latest drivers for the usb connector on your PC.

I updated both and viola .. all of a sudden everything works!

Just thought it might help?

Kaety

alanoconnor
27-08-2005, 07:16 PM

Cheers in advance

i have no problem using my dku 2 cable with my nokia 6230 . install a driver for dku 2 or dku 5 . It should not be a problem then.Hope this helps

THE FOX
27-08-2005, 09:17 PM
HEY..
WOT WITH ALL THE SHITE!!! REPLIES :x :x
he asked how to make the cable work...

ok.. friend.. heres how..
install driver connect fone...
go to control panel/ system/ device manager/ ports
you should see your cable attached usb. change it to com1.
it will work..
post a reply if you need to know more...
:cool: