PDA

View Full Version : Help Please flashing an 8310, 6310i

ElectricW
18-07-2004, 03:25 AM
I killed my 6310i using a hacked version of Oxygen - yes I know - it serves me right! ... and I have a 8310i that frequently hangs up when left - a quick jab at the power switch and it comes back again - or sometimes it cycles power instead until I switch it off...

Anyway, I have bought a cheap DCT4 flasher kit from Ebay.

I have tried the various flasher software - without success.

I have found that WinDCT 4.0 looks promising. It recognises my flasher, reads serial number etc.

I finally found some image files at http://www.id2.cz/partial.htm, but I am having trouble with the FIA files. I have downloaded the ones I thought I needed and I have copied them into the WinDCT folder.

When I try to flash the 8310 - I get the message "Invalid Flash Desciptor Received" immediately - What am I doing wrong - How do I flash. The version I am trying to flash is the same version as identified already in the 8310 by the software.

Now to the dead 6310i...
I persuaded WinDCT 4.0 to accept some 6310i files I found on the above server. It erased the existing code, but then would tell me to power down/power up - but always reported an error with Tx....

I've tried running DCT4v30 - that only likes ONE of my flash files (the MCU) - it doesn't like the PPM on two different versions of 6310i images.

Could somebody please point me in the right direction please?

sergo_zmeia
18-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Check here for more info flashing phones with cheap flasher...
www.unlockme.co.uk
and go here: www.nokiafree.org/downloads
to get nice software for cheap flasher....
Good luck!
Sergo_Zmeia

andre128
23-07-2004, 09:35 AM
try to use different FIA, you can find at this forum