PDA

View Full Version : I got busted using cloned sim

KnOeFz
25-09-2002, 06:23 PM
Ok... this is a sad day for me
Bad news...

I got a phonecall from my phonecompany's security dept. today...
They congratulated me...

The guy told me I was the first one in Holland to have a cloned sim from Dutchtone... I doubt this is true... maybe the first one they busted.

We had a long talk... It seems they see the extra data generated by requesting the tmsi (temporay imsi) everytime you use different card.

I got a serious warning not to spread onfo on how to do this ... but no lawsuit or anything... *phew*...

Big Brother is watching.... :(

What I wonder... I've been using a goldcard with KissMi hex for about a year now ( the guy freaked when he heard I used it for so long already) and they never found out. For about a month or 2 I switched to a greencard with simemu 4.10/5.00.. and now they found out.... could the greencard do somethinf to alert them?

-=K=-

brakk_
26-09-2002, 12:32 AM
i don't think greencard is the problem
maybe they have put any king of 'tape' just before u change for greencard and somthing like an id or crc has changed...
timsi are generated 'on the fly', may your clone have different response time than prevvioous on goldcard?

brakk_
26-09-2002, 01:03 AM
hmmm...
just see at nofraud.com
they are developping 3 *powerfull* tools to analyse 'abnormal' usage on gsm network...
(i have found lot of documents about the problem on google.. seem 'fraud' problems are big enough to gain provider's full attention)

Manipulator
26-09-2002, 06:53 AM
:eek: :eek: Red Alert for Sim Cloning :grin: :grin: :grin:

KnOeFz
26-09-2002, 05:56 PM
welll I didn't hear anyone else about it... so red alert might be a lill to much... i just know big brother is watching me now :(

Time to keep backups of things outside my house... (or am I getting paranoid?) ;)

-=K=-

Manipulator
27-09-2002, 05:05 AM
haha,:grin: :grin:

@KnOeFz
good luck and all the best to you.
hehe.:p

brakk_
28-09-2002, 07:52 PM
@KnOeFz

just send me your 'sensible' stuff
i'll survey them at high paranoid level too =)

KnOeFz
29-09-2002, 12:33 PM
lol... all info can be found in this forum :)

-=K=-

brakk_
29-09-2002, 04:36 PM
sure .. :D

Manipulator
01-10-2002, 05:24 AM
haha:p :rolleyes: :grin:

hakthu
18-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by KnOeFz
Ok... this is a sad day for me
Bad news...
We had a long talk... It seems they see the extra data generated by requesting the tmsi (temporay imsi) everytime you use different card.

-=K=-

Hi!

Did you use multiple clones and/or original card, either at different occasions or at the same time?

I have just cloned a couple of my cards and this posting kind of spooked me.

regards hakthu