PDA

View Full Version : vb6 basic protocol/source needed

Cyrax
25-09-2002, 11:33 PM
I am VERY interested in the development of gsm software and wondered if anyone had any basic nokia source code for VB6? I don't want to do anything too advanced just something basic like read a DCT-3 handsets software version or imei with f/mbus or dlr-3 cable.

Any help is much appreciated as i can't seem to find any help anywhere else!

:)

Cyrax
25-09-2002, 11:55 PM
Even better would be if someone could give me a gsm application made in vb6 that hasn't been made an executable so i can take a look at it and get some ideas as i'm very new to all this.

:cool:

slikmik
26-09-2002, 12:06 PM
Hey im interested too that would be exellent if anybody can give us any sources

Theres some sources in the download section but nothing in VB6

Mike

Cyrax
26-09-2002, 10:52 PM
If no-one has it themselves can you at least provide a link please?

I was told that there are loads of helpful programmers here at nfree when i asked about gsm programming on other popular forums? :(

welshwizard
26-09-2002, 11:33 PM
helpful programmers that wont share their source code.... understandable.

i asked a similar question in 1 of my posts in the software section.

Cyrax
26-09-2002, 11:41 PM
I understand why the code is practically under lock and key but they must understand how those of us who are in the dark about this thing feel! :(

I have searched for ages on the net for nokia protocol for vb6 and most of the stuff i find doesn't work or is not supported.

All i ask is for one of the programmers to provide a basic project made in vb6 that does something as simple as read the phone model type, this way i will be able to get a better understanding of how gsm software works!

So please developers dont be shy and reply with your code, it would help so much! :( :( :( :(

slikmik
27-09-2002, 03:29 PM
Yo

Guess who found the VB protocol :D :D :D :D

Find it attached as a basic example

***** FREE FOR ALL MY FRIENDS AT NOKIAFREE.ORG *****

Regards
Mike

mrbig4545
27-09-2002, 04:39 PM
It would be even better if someone could post a list of what commands to send to read messages or phone book or reset faid etc.

Cheers

mrbig4545
27-09-2002, 04:42 PM
Here is the same file with the correct form references. :)

Just incase you didn't know how to fix it. :)

Cyrax
27-09-2002, 07:10 PM
Thanks both of you! But what exactly does it do? Sorry it's just i'm still fairly new to vb!:D

slikmik
27-09-2002, 09:19 PM
Yo

This software simply shows an example thats easy to follow which when run displays the contacts of your fone book! :P

Plus check out this site which i found which gives you commands you can send to you mobile which then sends you certain data back

www.flosys.com/tdma/

Have fun

MIKE

Cyrax
27-09-2002, 09:32 PM
slikmik your a diamond! :D :D :D :D

slikmik
27-09-2002, 10:26 PM
No probs :D

My best mate (MrBig4545) is re-writing the software as we speak in vb6 to make it work better and have more options then we'll post it here open source and wahey everyone can enjoy! :P

Mike

Cyrax
27-09-2002, 11:13 PM
Can't wait!

:D

mrbig4545
28-09-2002, 02:02 AM
After spending a while messing around with this, i have come to the concludion thats it doesn't work.

The code appears to be fine, and the data is transmitted to the phone, but abosultly nothing is sent back.

I'll recode it from the ground up tommorow, i need some sleep about now.

If anyone else gets this to work, let me know!!!

i Tried it with a 8250 and a 3210, but nothing.

Probably something simple that i've over looked.

Aslo, if anyone else no's of a site with the commands etc on it, can you alert me to it, as the one SlikMik provided is very good, but quite complicated with very little explanation of the terms used. :eek:

Anyway have fun. :)

Cyrax
28-09-2002, 07:10 PM
Maybe we should try and contact someone like Rolis! After all most of the coding for his famous software was from other people! :)

mrbig4545
28-09-2002, 10:29 PM
I tried that one and failed, the message bounced with a unknown user message!!!

On the note of the vb app thingy, i think the actual data sent to the fone is wrong in the mbus code example, as i differs from the the codes on http://www.flosys.com/tdma, and i have been unable to figure out how to use the codes on that site correctly, any one got any ideas?

Also, i tried loking for any source code that connects to a fone and reads imei or phone book etc, so i could figure out how to do it, so if you have any, doesn't matter what lan as long as it isn't asm!!! :)

I'll keep y'all posted, it mite come to me very soon (hopefully) :)

Mark

westy
25-11-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by mrbig4545
I tried that one and failed, the message bounced with a unknown user message!!!

On the note of the vb app thingy, i think the actual data sent to the fone is wrong in the mbus code example, as i differs from the the codes on http://www.flosys.com/tdma, and i have been unable to figure out how to use the codes on that site correctly, any one got any ideas?

Also, i tried loking for any source code that connects to a fone and reads imei or phone book etc, so i could figure out how to do it, so if you have any, doesn't matter what lan as long as it isn't asm!!! :)

I'll keep y'all posted, it mite come to me very soon (hopefully) :)

Mark

that url doesnt work :S

Sendoa
29-11-2002, 10:26 AM
To see how works nokia software, use PortMonitor, you will see witch codes are sended to phone, and after you can test it!

Sendoa

Kilrah
29-11-2002, 10:36 AM
Where do you find this one? is this a program that intercepts the traffic on an open serial port? if yes I'm VERY interested! Until now I had to use a 2nd serial port with a Y cable... :D

Regs
Kilrah

Sendoa
29-11-2002, 10:42 AM
Take it, yes it intercepts the traffic on an open serial port.

I'm working with it... and works very fine... ;-)

Sendoa

P.D. So I've anothet one to intercept LPT ;-)

phonedudes
29-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Using the 2port Y cable method to 'another' pc is the BEST way to port capture.

Since 'PortMon' is a running process in the WINDOWS environment anything that DIRECTLY TALKS to the COMM PORTS will not be captured which of course includes any Dos based progz, flash progz etc...Only things that go through the Windows Hooks will be monitored..And sometimes timing issues will cause appz to crash... One example is if your tried to use it w/LogoManager.

Dont get us wrong 'Portmon' is great for quick and easy method to capture many things...Just dont toss your Y cable!!

Phonedudes:) :grin: :)

Kilrah
29-11-2002, 10:59 AM
No of course! the problem is that my new pc only has 1 serial port... and I could use the old one but I don't have 2 monitors :(
I had started working on a soft for my palm to read the traffic on its serial port... was a solution but I don't have time to finish it!

Kilrah
29-11-2002, 11:04 AM
Hmmmm...
Have launched the prog and I get a very descriptive 'Error 6'...
I'm currently running under NT4 but the readme says it works under this one....any idea?

phonedudes
29-11-2002, 11:18 AM
Didnt actually download what was posted... So not sure which version it was etc... but here is the direct link for the prog.

SysInternals - PortMon-v302 (http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/portmon.shtml)

Try that and see if still the same issue..

PHONEDUDES :) :grin: :)

Kilrah
29-11-2002, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the address... dowloaded everything :D

btw... do some of you know how to access the comm ports (serial and parallel) directly?

Regs
Kilrah

atlantiscd
14-12-2002, 02:15 AM
Some of it I found.. Some my own.. this is for Nokia DCT-3

SET up com-port:
Be sure your software sets the COM port up properly for Communication with the phone.
"Mbus 9600 Baud, 8bits , odd parity , 1stop bit"

INIT phone:
The "0x1F 0x00 0x1D 0xd0 0x00 0x01 0x04"
designates hexadecimal "1f 00 1d d0 00 01 04"

Packets should be sent just like that in there hexadecimal format..

Phone initialization command is:
1f 00 1d d0 00 01 04 sq cs
where sq = sequence # and cs = xor checksum
Since the Mbus protocol is NOT full duplex
so you send a command and the phone should
send a (ack)nowledgement response, then depending
on the command used the information you requested,
you should then send a (ack)nowledgement back to
the phone to confirm receipt.

Delay the commands a few milliseconds.
If you dont receive the (ack) within
a 1/2 second or so retransmit the command.
-----------
Does the SQ (Sequence number) matter?
In my experience the # you start with does NOT seem to matter. I usually start with 1 or 2 because thats what the various oem software appeared to do and I had no problem.
For sure during a single session of commands you MUST increase the sequence #.
------
DCT-3 commands:
Reset SW - 1F 00 10 40 00 04 00 01 64 03 11 3C
Mcu Version - 1F 00 10 D1 00 05 00 01 00 03 00 36 EF
Imei - 1F 00 10 40 00 03 00 01 66 33 18
Original Imei - 1F 00 10 40 00 04 00 01 CC 01 38 BF
Security Code-1F 00 10 40 00 04 00 01 6E 01 34 11 b7
Update FAID?
change imei? - command as used in IMEI by pro -want to figure out what command or if it is same as above. but my sw isn't working so I haven't tried but I would combine that with
command used by Eeprom tools 3.1 and it would be NICE :)

One more thought is that if I can SENSE from phone if CS
or any other problem and "autofix" problem or at least auto-
mate functions so for example change imei:
1. Original Imei
2. Imei
3. Update FAID
4. Reset SW

or something like that.. What do you gus think??

And if you come up with some sourcecode of this that works
I'll be glad to have a source-code copy.
[email protected]

My problem is mostly
after wait statement.. (the reply from phone)

Later

/Atlantis

hitachibe
23-12-2002, 04:42 PM
Hi

Is possible a list complette of commands Dct-3 ?

I am interested in practice with Nokia Phones

Read locks Status, Open and close all locks, Reset factory, and moore

Is possible this ?

Very thanks

A student

slikmik
24-12-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by atlantiscd
Some of it I found.. Some my own.. this is for Nokia DCT-3

SET up com-port:
Be sure your software sets the COM port up properly for Communication with the phone.
"Mbus 9600 Baud, 8bits , odd parity , 1stop bit"

INIT phone:
The "0x1F 0x00 0x1D 0xd0 0x00 0x01 0x04"
designates hexadecimal "1f 00 1d d0 00 01 04"

Packets should be sent just like that in there hexadecimal format..

Phone initialization command is:
1f 00 1d d0 00 01 04 sq cs
where sq = sequence # and cs = xor checksum
Since the Mbus protocol is NOT full duplex
so you send a command and the phone should
send a (ack)nowledgement response, then depending
on the command used the information you requested,
you should then send a (ack)nowledgement back to
the phone to confirm receipt.

Delay the commands a few milliseconds.
If you dont receive the (ack) within
a 1/2 second or so retransmit the command.
-----------
Does the SQ (Sequence number) matter?
In my experience the # you start with does NOT seem to matter. I usually start with 1 or 2 because thats what the various oem software appeared to do and I had no problem.
For sure during a single session of commands you MUST increase the sequence #.
------
DCT-3 commands:
Reset SW - 1F 00 10 40 00 04 00 01 64 03 11 3C
Mcu Version - 1F 00 10 D1 00 05 00 01 00 03 00 36 EF
Imei - 1F 00 10 40 00 03 00 01 66 33 18
Original Imei - 1F 00 10 40 00 04 00 01 CC 01 38 BF
Security Code-1F 00 10 40 00 04 00 01 6E 01 34 11 b7
Update FAID?
change imei? - command as used in IMEI by pro -want to figure out what command or if it is same as above. but my sw isn't working so I haven't tried but I would combine that with
command used by Eeprom tools 3.1 and it would be NICE :)

One more thought is that if I can SENSE from phone if CS
or any other problem and "autofix" problem or at least auto-
mate functions so for example change imei:
1. Original Imei
2. Imei
3. Update FAID
4. Reset SW

or something like that.. What do you gus think??

And if you come up with some sourcecode of this that works
I'll be glad to have a source-code copy.
[email protected]

My problem is mostly
after wait statement.. (the reply from phone)

Later

/Atlantis

hitachibewhat u fink this is!!!!!!!!!

hitachibe
25-12-2002, 11:40 AM
Thanks slikmik for you reply

Repeat very thanks, but wath is command Dct-3 neccesary por example read staus lock 1 or lock 2 or Faid or ......

Where found this information

Or only author Eeprom Tools, Rolis or Dejan Kaljevic or other titchers havent this information ?

Sorry mi bad English

Best regards for all, Merry Christmas and Happy new year

NokDoc
25-12-2002, 09:41 PM
Mr. Hitachibe,

If that written info was not enough, maybe this helps.

It was in the gNokii package.

NokDoc

NokDoc
25-12-2002, 09:43 PM
Sorry,

I forgot to post the attachment. :)

Good Luck.

NokDoc

slikmik
26-12-2002, 02:35 AM
gathered all the mbus source etc i have and here it is

mostly gathered from sites and here at nfree.org

enjoy...

mike

ytser_18
10-01-2003, 09:38 AM
i couldn't download your file ...
vb6 source code and mbus commands and examples.zip

i think i have a problem with this shortcut...it doesn't work

http://nokiafree.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=52545e

ytser_18
10-01-2003, 09:42 AM
kindly send this file -->>> vb6 source code and mbus commands and examples.zip and mbus sourcecode.zip to my email address.

thnx alot!!! that is a big help to me.

slikmik
11-01-2003, 07:37 PM
i can download fine!

Mike

mellon
12-02-2003, 05:00 PM
hi.
I have followed your posts, but i still cant read stuff like imei from my fone... ive read all you vb6 source, but i still cant work out how to send commands. the thex and pause routines are pretty obvious, but what are you sendin to the fone, and how do i send commands. any help or links would be really cool :confused:
thanks
matt

pico
12-02-2003, 11:32 PM
hi, if you see here (http://www.nokia-unlocking.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/resource) you can see some m bus commands. its pretty easy to work from the table.
all you really need to know extra is on this board, length is just the number of bytes of data to send, seq-uence is frame number sent (any number between 2 and something..) and checksum is worked out by Xor-ing the bytes together.
so 1F xor 00 xor etc. you can use windows calculator set to sientific mode and hex to work that out or download slikmiks little calculator in general section to do all the work :)
also on my page is my little program to send m bus commands to the phone from a text box. just copy/paste the commands from a text file and click send. i still need to work on displaying the info correctly but i'm only learning..
most of the commands on my site are more gnoki type stuff rather than unlock/faid etc but you can use 0x40 commands (you'll see soon ;)) to see security code etc.

mellon
13-02-2003, 07:11 PM
thank you soooooooooooo much ;-)

phoneguy
11-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Hey!!!! Can somone help? When makinh a serial "Y" cable do I need to know anything special about the second connection?

Can I just use a null modem adapter on the second part or no?
Thanks for any help help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swifty
12-08-2003, 09:57 AM
If anyone is interested they can use my source code if it help them, its very untidy, but what the hell.

If you have any questions about the code just let me know and I'll try to answer them.

Crux
17-08-2003, 02:13 AM
THAT'S JUST GREAT MAN
THANNKS

does imei reading from your code work also on dct4?

and how do we read phone type in dct4?

and how do we read locked network?

pls reply.

i also have a shell and i would like to implement thos functions ther. (check my signature)

fiddler_808
17-08-2003, 03:37 AM
Hi im a college student currently working on a thesis: sms-based appliance control..im planning to interface a 3310 or 6110 to a z86 microprocessor..the available microp i have can only run on 9600 baud rate so i need to use an m-bus connection..plus a UART since the chip doesnt have a serial interface. But firstly, i plan on controlling the appliance using my PC's serial port and the m-bus protocol. I've downloaded previous attachments posted here and they have seem to be potentially helpfull resources. However, since my programming skills are very amateur i would like to ask help for a basic rundown of how i should start this endeavor. All I have so far is a choice of phone 3310/6610, m-bus protocol as indicated in various sources, and a choice of visual basic or c++. How do i start programming? I will greatly owe whoever can lend me a hand. Thnx :)

Swifty
18-08-2003, 08:17 AM
The code for reading IMEI and Network works fine. The phone type you can work out from the version. I am currently working on a more stable version of the program.

pico
18-08-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by fiddler_808
..im planning to interface a 3310 or 6110 to a z86 microprocessor..
u mean z80?
anyhow, just use the mbus commands you see in the ?(many) sources in this section.
best to use m bus with vBasic, as you got a lot of resource ;) ;)
to move to z80, just output the same m bus packets after port init. wait for port input then read data to whatever..
the source should show all you need, just read it :)

gta18
28-08-2003, 01:26 PM
use a PIC micro instead of a z80. it supports uart and almost all that u need. :) from what sch ru? :P

mcglacy
10-09-2003, 07:12 AM
Hi im a college student currently working on a thesis: sms-based appliance control..im planning to interface a 3310 or Thnx :)

I'm Macky from Cebu Philippines. I recommend you to use PIC16Fxx microcontoller. Its easy to use 6110 celphone or any celphone that has infrared, example you send "123" then send via infrared.. in your receiver using visual basic, decode the receive data, assign this data to switch the port of PIC micro..

for more information just e-mail me..

[email protected]