PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 7650 Interfacing

joseph_yuso
01-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Hi There!
My friend and I are doing a project about making a surveillance system using GSM.
We're planning to do this by using MMS to help us achieve this.
Basically the user sends a request to the MMS capable phone and the phone (through a microcontoller)reads the message and
commands the phone to get a picture and sends the image to the user.
However here are some of the questions that im bothered right now.
Hopefully, someone could help me to enlighten things up.

1. Do u think using a microcontroller (Z8 Encore only available in school) can handle this task?
2. By any chance, has anybody tried to work on similar projects? How can one communicate with the phone?
We are currently working on a Nokia 7650 phone and after reading several documents about it, i want to confirm if
the Nokia 7650 is using the FBUS or MBUS protocol too?
3. And finally, can anybody enlighten us too on what protocol the phone uses to send MMS messages.

Thanks

tzeonn
01-08-2004, 04:41 AM
moved to a more relevant section :)

joseph_yuso
12-08-2004, 04:21 AM
anyone who may help ? :sad:

capotixplus
14-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Check gammu at Marcin site... have a lot of source code for fbus, mbus and at commands.

Also, you can use the complet AT command set for GSM phones.

soffitta
19-09-2004, 12:12 PM
You may try mmscam from www.YellowComputing.de ; it works perfectly !

Hi There!
My friend and I are doing a project about making a surveillance system using GSM.
We're planning to do this by using MMS to help us achieve this.
Basically the user sends a request to the MMS capable phone and the phone (through a microcontoller)reads the message and
commands the phone to get a picture and sends the image to the user.
However here are some of the questions that im bothered right now.
Hopefully, someone could help me to enlighten things up.

1. Do u think using a microcontroller (Z8 Encore only available in school) can handle this task?
2. By any chance, has anybody tried to work on similar projects? How can one communicate with the phone?
We are currently working on a Nokia 7650 phone and after reading several documents about it, i want to confirm if
the Nokia 7650 is using the FBUS or MBUS protocol too?
3. And finally, can anybody enlighten us too on what protocol the phone uses to send MMS messages.

Thanks

SPEEDJEANS
21-09-2004, 05:49 PM
ISN'T THIS SYSTEM ALREADY AVAILABLE?

ORIGINAL NOKIA OBSERVATION MMS CAMERA

http://www.nokia.com/quicktime/phones/phone_models/enhancements/nokia_oc/plugincheck.html