PDA

View Full Version : DKU-5 Problems

Ncd
01-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Hello I am trying to get a DKU-5 cable and Windows XP to work.. a friend found it laying in the road so we have no original Prolific drivers for it .. I am not quite sure it is a real Nokia DKU-5 cable.. it has 6 pins and the following part number EK2108321, made in THAILAND ??

Any way I am trying to get Nokia flash/unlocker any diagnostic level tool to work (Oxygen Phone Manger and Nokia Suite work fine).

All my serial and LPT ports are disabled in the bios so conflicts are unlikley.

I have installed the DKU-5 connectivity driver and then the 'Port 1 on Nokia Adapter' is automatically installed onto a Com port .. both these drivers install and seem to start with out insodent..

'Port 1 on Nokia Adapter' seems to insinuate it should already have com port emulation right???

Now i try and talk to the phone with some program and every singal com port is bussy or unavaialble so after some searching about I found out about the USB to Serial comm port drivers tryed to install that and it fails to start with error code (10).

Whats wrong with the picture pls help!!

Ncd
01-08-2004, 05:55 PM
THIS FUCKING CABLE IS A FUCKING SUN OF A BITCH £"!$:@£"$%!$£ :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-x