PDA

View Full Version : 3210 Flashing Problems!!

andy_mitchelluk
04-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Hi, I recently downloaded the modded "3210 ProjectZ" flash from here and flashed my 3210 with great success!! But now I have a problem. KNOK won't let me flash anything else on to the phone now.

This is the error I get:

FLS1_ConfigurateBootstrapDCT3 : checksum is 4E8B
FLE5_DirectInitialiseBootstrapDCT3 : Press power on (if needed)
FLS1_GeneralSendBootstrapDCT3 : bootstrap seems to be running
FLS1_PreparePhone : detected NMP is NSE-8 r1a
FLS1_PreparePhone : not supported NMP - NSE-8 r1a
Cannot prepare phone

I have tried ROLIS Flasher but I can't get it to work at all. It comes up with press power shortly but doesn't get any further than that.

I am running Windows XP SP1, using a parellel flashing cable. I also have an mbus cable.

Any help would be great.

Andy.

PS, just to add, Is there any way of making knok accept NSE-8 r1a? this is driving me nuts!!!!

NokDoc
04-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Hi,

Excuses, me error. ;)

The problem is the flash tool starts scanning for this 'NSE-8' string in the phone, which we canged to 'r1.a' in this ProjectZ.

But U can overcome simply by deleting the whole phones memory before putting Ur flash again.

NokDoc

NokDoc
04-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Hi again,

I recall, I also used Rolis on 3210, just since it's about 5x faster as knok.

The press power button is a sortof problem in 3210, especially since I used 4 pins plug.

So instead I not pressed the on, but inserted the battery at the time the power button was supposed to be pressed.

NokDoc

andy_mitchelluk
04-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Ok, thanks. I shall try that as soon as I'm done backing up my 3410 before modding!

PS (Again) How do you edit from NSE-8 to something else in a flash file? I can't find any software that allows editing of this. I'm kind of a newbie at flashing but I'm making sure I back-up my phones first!!!

Cheers, Andy.

NokDoc
04-08-2004, 06:30 PM
Hi,

I use UltraEdit hexeditor program.

That's a bit the die hard method for doing things which supposed to be hidden.

ND

andy_mitchelluk
04-08-2004, 11:55 PM
Nope, still no joy. Rolis flasher won't work on any. Does rolis work ok on XP? I have tried userport but that seems to kill my pc and reboot instantly. Would I be better installing say Win98 on my spare PC and using 98 instead?

Also, how can I get knok to clear phone? It won't do anything because of the r1a bit on the end. HELP!!!!!!! Well at least the 3210 still works, first time I flashed it I got the wrong start address (whoopsy!)

danwood76
05-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Would I be better installing say Win98 on my spare PC and using 98 instead?

Yes definatly :)
WinXP blocks all printer port i/o
best way round it I have found is to use porttalk but this can be tricky to set up first time :)

regards,
Danny

NokDoc
05-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi,

Please excuse me, I use W98, dono bout XP and/or ports.

But if one tool or phone can be flashed on same setup, it's logically it's no port problem.

In knok95, I see the menu option Erase, which can do erase whole flash.

The only important (backup) data U need is the personal and identity data, the stuff is in the eeprom area.

In Ur 3210, this eeprom data is on a seperate chip, so U cannot read or overwrite that by flashing.

So making address errors in a 3210 ain't that destructive, U can always try again.

NokDoc

andy_mitchelluk
06-08-2004, 01:56 AM
Ok, Is Windows ME ok for flashing at all? As Windows 98 is driving me crazy already!! Crashing every 5 seconds!!! I try to erase flash but it just won't let me at all. Just about to try under Windows 98 now!

Thanks for all your help, this is by far the best forum site I've ever seen!

andy_mitchelluk
06-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Fed up with 98 crashing so installed ME, Rolis 4.79 works a treat under ME. 3210 back to normal. Thanks for all your help, and a tip to those flashing on XP? Forget it!

Also if you are gonna flash a phone use Rolis 4.79, not Knok as Knok is dam slow!

Andy. :D

danwood76
06-08-2004, 07:57 PM
You can get flashers working correctly on XP :)
Use this :)
It is a file I created to help people install flashers under XP
The driver and allow IO app are freely available on the net

Download it then double click and unzip to c:\flasher\
then rename your version of rollis flasher to flasher.exe and place in the flasher directory

Then double click the installer.exe
Click 'Install'
and Then 'Start'

You will see two shortcuts in the flasher dir
These are the shortcuts to the softwares
Move this shortcut to where ever you want

If you want more than one shortcut to the program then copy that shortcut as the shortcut is special :)

The executed path for the shortcut is:
c:\flasher\allowio.exe /a flasher.exe
c:\flasher\allowio.exe /a noktool.exe

this is because you call the flasher through Allow IO but you dont need to worry about this

Leave the flasher dir on your c: as this is where the porttalk driver is executed in
If you delete any files or this dir the allow IO will no longer work

hope this helps you :)
regards,
Danny

andy_mitchelluk
07-08-2004, 04:32 AM
That worked with no probs on XP!! I still think flashing is easier and better on Windows ME though, it's hassle free (and doesn't seem to crash as much as Windows 98!)

Again, thanks for all your help.

Andy.