PDA

View Full Version : Problem Flashing

fivele
10-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Please can some one help.
Iam in the process of flashing my 3310 I have everything I need (i think) I have Rolis FLasher V4.79. When I open this and try to read the phone info or anything else I egt the error messgae ' can not initialiyse local mode' I am using a flash cable and I can read the phone info using DCT3 repair software so I know my cable is working and I am on the right port.

please can someone help I am a newbie

Cheers

andy_mitchelluk
11-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Is the cable you are using sereial or parallel? serial (9 pin) is used for unlocking mainly and parallel (25 pin) is the cable for flashing. You'll need to get hold of the 25 pin cable if you have the 9 pin one. Rolis 4.79 is a great tool but requires both cables to work properly. Have a look around for some tutorials on here. I'd love to give you more detail but I myself am a newbie!! Just make sure you do a backup using rolis before you attempt to flash as you can kill your phone. That said, I killed my phone and just browsed the net for the flash file. Re-flashed and worked again!

Good luck, Andy.

browntoa
11-08-2004, 05:15 PM
try a piece of software called KNOK...I found it better than Rolis flasher (used to get error messages on it but not with Knok )

andy_mitchelluk
12-08-2004, 02:03 AM
KNOK is a pretty good flashing program and is a lot more reliable than Rolis but once you get the hang of Rolis it's better and a lot quicker than KNOK.

If you get KNOK the latest version will say something like "with 2100 support" at the end of the filename.
Rolis 4.79 is the latest (that I know of)