PDA

View Full Version : HELP unlocking Nokia 6620

evilgabbie
14-08-2004, 08:51 AM
i have tried a couple of calculators and also the automatic on this site without much success...

i have a nokia 6620 locked to at&t wireless in the states

IMEI removed

what do i need to do to unlock it ??

any help is appreciated..
thanks

gabriel

evilgabbie
15-08-2004, 03:33 PM
if in the worst case the phone is hard locked.....

is there anyway still to unlock it currently ??

gabriel

sergo_zmeia
16-08-2004, 01:20 AM
U have only five trys with codes....If U already have entered them only solution is o go to a local shop and they will unlock it for U for a small charge
...If U not...go to articles section and read the unlocking guide posteb by Mr.Yotamz...
Good luck!
Sergo_Zmeia

evilgabbie
16-08-2004, 04:22 AM
i have tried several local shops and was told there is no solution available currently

fatboymal
20-08-2004, 01:57 PM
i have tried several local shops and was told there is no solution available currently

The 6620 is an ASIC 5, but we have had problems unlocking them also. When you entered the final # of the unlock code, did the phone respond with a message, or simply state "Insert SIM" straightaway?

anthonybuchanan
22-08-2004, 10:02 PM
I also have the ATT 6620. I am in Chicago.
I have tried a single code from www.unlock123.com with no success. I did though receive the "code error" message and then the "insert sim" message.

I then received seven codes from a guy at www.cellphonehacks.com. I tried all of them however my phone has never locked up. With the seven codes that I tried, only two of them gave me the "code error" message followed by the "insert sim" message. The others just resulted in me getting the "insert sim" message. Each time I removed the battery and inserted the TMobile sim to then receive the "invalid sim" message.

I wonder if I will ever get a code that works ?
Also, why doesnt my phone lock up ? Is it because I keep removing the battery and getting an internal counter reset so I never make it to five attempts ?

evilgabbie
28-08-2004, 07:52 AM
The 6620 is an ASIC 5, but we have had problems unlocking them also. When you entered the final # of the unlock code, did the phone respond with a message, or simply state "Insert SIM" straightaway?

i get the insert SIM right away

fatboymal
28-08-2004, 11:13 PM
i get the insert SIM right away

For an AT&T 6620, try an ASIC 2 code, I've have had some success with this now.

shak187
04-09-2004, 12:51 PM
where is the generrator i cant seem 2 find it

nbahi15
12-09-2004, 09:09 PM
I got my phone to unlock. I used the software from http://www.unlockme.co.uk/dct4free.html. The first code on the SmartDCT4Calc using the IMEI, V2 Code, and Other DCT4/5 options.